Network Engineer / IT Support - Leading Technology training, London, City (up to 26k)
A leading Technology training based in the city is looking for an IT Administrator.
You will be end to end responsible for all inhouse IT systems and services….that’s everything from deploying and maintaining rock solid internet infrastructure, through to managing desktop and server hardware/software and providing day to day technical support and guidance to our back office team and venue attendees.
This is a fantastic opportunity for an IT professional who has gained a wide range of skills, perhaps as part of a larger organisation, and is now looking for a role where they can take full ownership and play a key role within an exciting growing business.
Essential functions and responsibilities
- Maintaining excellent internet availability
- Monitoring network infrastructure (e.g. incoming internet lines, routers, switches)
- Monitoring WiFi via Unifi controller for any heavy usage or unusual clients
- Monitoring Company Servers on day to day
- Monitoring VoIP services (cloud based control panel)
- Monitoring of Bitdefender antivirus actively
- Monitoring CCTV reports/errors regular
- Managing user accounts (enabling disabling network user accounts, email accounts, passwords etc)
- Supporting staff with common & uncommon issues/problems
- Laptop OS and application installation and updates
- Maintenance of equipment (e.g. Monitors/keyboard & mouse, printers etc)
- Procurement and purchasing of equipment when required and cost effective
- Managing Inventory and documentation
- Training and Events Support
- Assisting trainers/presenters/delegates with laptops & devices setting up and troubleshooting
- Assist with in room projectors and equipment
- Imaging laptops for tech courses.
- Provide pre-sales advice and solutions for events team and their clients.
- Provide agreed technical support for internal and third party events
Out of Hours tasks
- Updating/testing router configs and firmware.
- Provisioning/upgrading APs, IP cameras.
- Setting up ad hoc SSIDs and VLANS for specific events.
- Installing, terminating and testing new cat6 and fibre network routes.
Key focus areas/essential requirements
The ideal candidate will possess many of the key skills and experience listed below as well as the ability and willingness to quickly learn and master new skills as required.
- Ubiquiti/EdgeMax Routers
- Ubiquiti EdgeSwitch, Tough Switch, Managed switches
- Unifi AC PRO APs + Unify Controller
- WAN load balancing/fail over multiple ISPs
- LAN IP Subnetting.
- QOS and Traffic shaping
- DHCP, NAT, Firewall
- Provisioning & monitoring APs
- Configuring Multiple SSIDs, VLANs
- Channel/Frequency management
- Managing external fibre internet services by BT and/or COLT.
- Patching, terminating and testing of CAT6 ethernet cable.
- G-Suite (email and document sharing
- File sharing (eg Dropbox)
- Cloud antivirus (eg Bitdefender)
- OS & Applications
- Windows 10 Server and Desktop
- some Apple OSX and Linux
- Microsoft Office Pro/ Libre Office
If this is of interest, please send your CV through ASAP