Support Worker - Felixstowe - 30 hours
Are you looking for a support worker role minus the personal care aspect?
"Help us to lead fulfilling lives; gain our own independence; and eventually move in to our own homes."
We are currently seeking a support worker to join our team in Felixstowe.
You will be supporting five gentlemen within one of our supported living services who live as independently as possible. Their ages range from 19 to 60 and as such means they all have varying interests.
The support they require is more around prompting and advice with things such as personal care; finances; meal planning; shopping; maintaining relationships; attending medical appointments; medication administering; social activities and seeing family members. Each of the individuals you will be supporting value one to one time each week to allow them to follow their own independence goals.
It is important that you have a good sense of humour; are supportive; and able to build meaningful relationships. The individuals you will be supporting really just need someone there to reassure and prompt.
Flexibility is a must as you will need to be available to work across various shifts to include; days, evenings, weekends and sleep-ins.
"It is important to us that our support staff support us to be as independent as possible as our goals and aspirations are to one day live in our own accommodation with support visiting."
Could this be you?
Job ID: 8461
We believe that all employees are amazing and we wouldn't be able to achieve what we do without them. Here are just some of the ways we would value and invest in you.
- 28 days holiday (including bank holidays) increasing to 35 days with long service plus the ability to buy up to another 10 days via our HolidayPlus scheme*
- Amazing Induction from day 1
- Access to award winning training and development
- Service related sick pay when 6-month probation is completed
- Pension contributions into NEST Scheme on a salary sacrifice basis meaning NI savings*
- Death in service life cover for a nominated beneficiary under our life assurance scheme*
- Tax free child care vouchers via salary sacrifice scheme for working parents
- Loans for bikes, computers and phones when you have been with us for 6 months
- Interest free season ticket loans
- Discounts and cashback at high street shops including major super markets, cinemas, gyms, leisure/theme parks, holidays and much more via Mencapextras
- Opportunity to purchase a health cash plan to claim towards dental, glasses, therapy etc.
- Free access to round the clock employee assistance program for advice and support
- Quarterly award scheme and recognition at every 5 years through our YouRock program
*T&C's apply based on contract
Mencap is the leading voice of learning disability. Our vision is a world where people with a learning disability are valued equally, listened to and included.
Everyone wants a purposeful job - to do something really meaningful. At Mencap, we can give you that. You`ll make new friends and feel inspired to reach your potential. We`ll ask a lot of you - but you`ll get back so much more. With us, it`s never `just a job`.
Support workers have a massive impact on the lives of the people they support. You can help us to make a difference to the lives of people with a learning disability here and now.
That means listening to them, understanding what they like, and supporting them to make decisions and achieve the things they want to achieve.