Do you want to work for a leading modular building company in the Midlands that is ambitious and keen to grow?
Have you had experience managing multiple construction projects at once?
Do you have the drive and ambition to succeed?
If your answer is yes, then please read on.
Job title Projects Manager
Salary 55k - 65k + benefits
About the Company
My client is a group of companies' primarily modular building covering all sectors and product types within the modular industry.
My client have been providing permanent build in modular format, providing new schools and school expansions for a number of years exceeding the performance of traditional build with the speed of modular. While my client has relationships with the surrounding local authorities of the Midlands, recent expansion in the manufacturing facilities is allowing growth into contracts across the UK.
The company has the above vacancy for a Projects Manager to join the existing team. The ideal candidate will have a minimum 10 years' experience in the role of a contracts/project manager and will adopt at running multiple sites at any one time. The ideal candidate will have both contractual and commercial awareness with experience of sectional buildings being an advantage but not essential.
Suitable Degree/ HND Qualifications
Relevant Health and Safety Qualifications
Continuous development training
Microsoft Office literature, particularly Project and Excel
Reporting to the Managing Director you will be required to perform the following tasks;
- Take overall responsibility for the contracts department within the company
- Manage multiple building projects from tender award, including post contract procurement, valuations, scope and outturn financial performance of projects and reporting monthly via the systems in place to demonstrate commercial control and forecasting to the business
- Enhance customer relations through delivery of reliable scheduled services
- Work closely with construction teams ensuring that subcontract procurement is carried out in both a timely and cost effective manner
- Have working knowledge of contracts including JCT and NEC3 forms of contract and procedures
- To bring greater efficiency to each contract or job by virtue of implementing careful advance planning and ensuring quality of workmanship
- To take responsibility for and act as a single point of contact for resolving operational problems that occur within the field
- To develop an understanding of and assist in the on-going improvement if systems and processes that govern and control the effective delivery of quality workmanship and services
- Write method statements and risk assessments as required
- Full responsibility of contracts profit and loss
- Prepare claims for variations to contract and negotiate with client and supply chain to deliver profitable change
- To understand and deliver a level of performance and quality that reflects the aspirations of the company
- To reduce the financial cost implications of poor planning, mistakes and snagging of works
- Write MS project planners
- Ensuring teams achieve and maintain high Health and Safety standards
- Working closely with Buying and QS Departments in terms of material and sub-contract resources
- Develop and expand supply chain
- Maintain accurate and up to date forecast final accounts for presentation to clients
- Prepare and present internal monthly project WIP reports and cost value reconciliation meetings
- Support any dispute resolution claims
- Carry out site visits, assessments and projections for future work
- Manage and coordinate resources including direct and indirect labour ensuring key deadlines are met
- Ensure workmanship and quality of finished products meets the high company standards
If the above sounds like you could you please apply for the role as soon as possible as we are looking to fill the vacancy quickly but with the right candidate. Our Senior Consultant Michael Wright is overseeing the role.