£35K + study support
We are the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
GL Hearn, acquired by Capita in July 2015, is one of the UK's leading property consultancies providing trusted commercial property advice to the public sector, developers, investors and occupiers. Our goal is a simple one - to understand our clients' business, bring our expertise and enthusiasm to bear and work with them to create, develop, protect and enhance their business interests.
What you will do:
The role of the Finance team is to provide strong financial support, management and robust challenge within the business, enabling the Profit Centre Managers to deliver their monthly Profit Centre information and reporting in a timely manner, help drive growth and improved profitability as well as aiding effective and efficient management of, and decision making across the business. The team will also ensure a strong financial control environment exists, and proactively support/police the adherence to Capita policies and procedures whilst encouraging continuous improvement. We support all of our teams with a Business Partnering approach; candidates should be prepared to become a Finance Business Partner within our division providing support to all levels of staff across our Profit Centres.
- Preparation of data for monthly Profit Centre reviews, produce and ensure integrity of monthly revenue forecasts, challenging performance and providing support where needed
- Assist with production of monthly management accounts within set deadlines, ensuring accurate reflection of financial performance and providing narrative on variances to BP and forecast
- Prepare and maintain profit route maps within Development Group to assist Profit Centre managers with identifying risks and delivering growth.
- Help Profit Centre managers drive growth and improved profitability and operational resilience by utilisation and monitoring of appropriate KPI's and other management information
- Assisting Profit Centre managers with ad-hoc financial data requests
- Robust review and challenge of WIP Assist in the annual Business Plan process
- Review, Challenge and Process Intercompany movements
- Review and monitoring of WIP days and WIP values at project and Profit Centre level
- Ensuring project/job income to forecast are challenged, updated and maintained on a monthly basis
- Ensure regular review and updating of SAP cost rates/charge-out rates, in liaison with Profit Centre Managers
- Part Qualified ACCA or CIMA working towards qualification
- Solid management accounting experience including WIP, forecasting & cashflow analysis
- Ability to work independently and be proactive.
- Strong Excel skills
- Commercial acumen
- Excellent Communication skills
- Ability to liaise with non-finance staff and at all levels
- Analytical and logical problem solving skills
- Highly organised with strong time management.
- Worked within a complex business unit and cost centre environment, dealing with different product/service streams
- SAP Experience
What's in it for you?
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday, company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.