Web Project Manager
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has web project management experience or has been a team leader in a digital agency and is looking for progression. You will join a happy team with lovely offices and work on many different and interesting projects.
You will be responsible for the entire life cycle of the projects you are managing, as well as acting as a team leader for the in-house team of developers and designers.
Your responsibilities will include but will not be limited to:
- Contributing to project scoping and providing accurate estimates for work required for projects
- Ensuring project requirements are understood by all stakeholders
- Highlighting to stakeholders the impact on quality, budget and deadlines of any changes to project brief
- Ensuring efficient use of budget and creative resource
- Adhering to deadlines and budgets
- Frequent contact with clients to manage expectations and provide updates on project progress
- Mentoring the designers and programmers
- Keeping track of progress and ensuring deadlines are met
- Client support and training
On average, you will be managing around 5-10 projects in various stages at any given time as well as supporting existing sites with additions and changes. The role is fast paced and requires the ability to adapt to different situations quickly. You will be reporting to a Senior Project Manager and Account Director.
Qualifications & Experience
- The ideal candidate will be ambitious, resourceful, dependable, outgoing and a born team leader.
- Have at least 3 years’ digital agency experience as either a technical web project manager or as an open source team leader with experience managing staff, clients, budgets and website projects
- Possess a professional can-do attitude; be entrepreneurial, innovative and creative
- Have experience with Content Management Systems (preferably Drupal and Wordpress)
- Have excellent communication skills and experience with dealing with clients on the phone and face to face
- Have excellent organisational and planning skills to ensure project specifications are detailed and precise. This includes being able to write clear and concise specifications and make sure they are adhered to throughout the project cycle
- Be ambitious and innovative to further your position and the goals of the company
- Have knowledge of structured project management techniques, PRINCE 2 or Agile certification preferred
- Have good working experience of Microsoft Project, Basecamp, Zoho Projects or a similar system