Senior Infrastructure Engineer
Senior Infrastructure Engineer - Bristol - £45,000/£47,000
Commutable from Bristol, Bath, Gloucestershire, Weston-Super-Mare, Newport
We are seeking a Senior Infrastructure Engineer with general, all-round network, storage and virtualisation experience coupled with team leadership or similar experience. Our client offers a financially secure working environment, a great place, great people and a growing amount of technology projects as the organisation expands.
In return, the successful Senior Infrastructure Engineer will be part of a team responsible for the LAN/WAN, virtualisation and storage including data centres. You will be instrumental in a growing IT department which also works with third party suppliers.
As this is a senior role you will need to have experience of reading and creating network diagrams and managing a CMDB. Additional duties, experience and attributes as a Senior Infrastructure Engineer include:
* Solid general all-round installation, configuration and maintenance of infrastructure.
* Managing network, virtualisation and storage infrastructure related incidents.
* Storage administration and troubleshooting - HP LeftHand, HP3 Par or virtual storage Tintri.
* Switching - HP or Cisco switches.
* MPLS network administration and management.
* Data centres.
* Virtualisation - VMWare or Citrix.
* Wireless systems - managing a fleet of WAP, Fortinet, Avaya.
* Interest in best practice (ITIL, CMDB), new technologies and improved solutions.
* Knowledge of network, web and email related protocols (e.g., TCP/IP, UDP, IPSEC, SMTP, HTTP, HTTPS).
* The set up and management of network monitoring tools such as SCCM, Mutiny etc.
* Team leadership or held a senior role with responsibility for mentoring engineers.
Benefits include (37.5 hour week), 25 days holiday, pension, free onsite parking, nice offices (solely for IT department) with great break out areas. To be considered for this role please apply with your CV, here or on our website n-tierselection, or call Jo Watson for further information. Please note a DBS check will be required.
Key words/skills: 3rd line, network manager, SAN, HP LeftHand or 3 PAR, Virtual Storage, servers, switching, ITIL, Data Centres, MPLS, TCP/IP, Virtualisation, VMWare, Citrix, WAP, design, installation, configuration, maintenance, LAN, WAN, security, monitoring solutions.