ACCOUNTS TECHNICIAN AAT QUALIFIED/EQUIVALENT/STUDYING?
An innovative and entrepreneurial group of companies specialising in Motor, Home and Pet Insurance Services. They are proud to have featured highly in the Sunday Times Best 100 Companies to Work For' for the past 4 years running and achieving Investors In People Gold' and Champion' statuses for their training and development. They offer excellent career opportunities, awesome training and development and the opportunity to join a multi-billion pound company who offer fantastic benefits in return for your skills.
- Collation of all base underwriting data from various sources.
- Preparation of data for other technical and regulatory expenses, to include XOL contracts, MIB returns, ABI Returns, FSCS, London Fire Brigade, broker profit shares etc.
- Assist in compiling insurance reconciliations associated with all of the companies various underwriting systems to ensure the integrity of information is maintained.
- Preparation and processing of all journals onto the Sage accounts system
- Balance sheet reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Preparation of monthly statements for reinsurance contracts. (quota share and coinsurance)
- Maintenance of the monthly insurance accounts spreadsheets
- Raise payments & collect cash as required under the terms of all technical contracts and external regulatory bodies.
- Liaise directly to resolve any queries.
- Preparation of the Insurance Premium Tax (IPT) returns for UK and Ireland.
- Coordinate submission of all data for tax returns in all other EEA countries.
- Work to investigate and resolve any issues. Liaise with other departments and other members of the finance department where this is required in order to achieve this.
- Demonstrate an understanding of all the company’s insurance applications and their interaction with the financial records.
- Ensure all process notes are maintained and continuously tested.
- Any ad-hoc duties as required by the Insurance Accounts Team Leader.
Skills & Experience:
AAT Qualified or equivalent - completed or studying is ESSENTIAL
- Experiance working an Accounts Technician (Desirable)
- Insurance Accounts Experience (Desirable)
- An understanding of premiums, claims paid & MIB (Desirable)