Our client a Housing Association based in Staines are looking for an experienced Housing Manager to join their busy team. To apply for this role you will ideally be a graduate, Institute of housing registered with a relevant professional qualification - CIOH or similar.
Purpose of Job
- To lead and manage the provision of a high quality, responsive housing service that deliver and focuses on positive customer outcomes and satisfaction whilst meeting the needs and aspirations of the local community.
- Develop and drive a performance culture with a focus on continuous improvement, accountability and personal responsibility.
- Lead, manage and motivate teams to achieve excellence in all activities.
Operational Duties & Responsibilities
- To be responsible for the management, coordination and control of allocated resources to drive the delivery of excellent housing services, ensuring that all aspects such as neighbourhood quality, anti-social behaviour (ASB), nuisance, rent recovery and resident involvement services are delivered to the highest standards in line with customer needs and expectations.
- Ensure all available resources are deployed effectively giving customer service priority at all times.
- To contribute effectively to the development of the business service plan, ensuring ownership of responsibilities and targets to operational teams.
- Work in partnership with all Managers to make sure all resources are effectively deployed to ensure services are delivered and maintained in line with organisational standards.
- To develop and achieve performance targets and improvement plans for the area with a focus on continuous improvement and value for money, ensuring that a performance culture is developed and sustained within the team.
- Carry out quality assurance checks regularly both office-based and on site.
- Regularly review and manage individual and team performance making appropriate interventions and taking action promptly where required.
- Work in partnership with all managers, directors and staff across the organisation to review, monitor and ensure that appropriate standards of work are maintained by all Housing staff in their designated geographical area of responsibility.
- Review and monitor other services delivered on estates ensuring they are effective, meet the requirements of relevant Service Level Agreements and take action to address service failures promptly and escalate where necessary.
- Ensure that Ability Housing's responsibilities as a landlord are met by ensuring compliance with current tenancy conditions through the effective operation of the rent arrears recovery, ASB and nuisance management policies and procedures, the former tenant arrears procedure and recharges procedures including progression to legal action.
- Represent the organisation at court, accessing appropriate legal advice where necessary and provide support and assistance to team members.
- Provide information and signpost where necessary to ensure that access to support services is enabled and to promote tenancy sustainability and support vulnerable households.
- To cultivate appropriate relationships with key external and internal partners, representing the organisation at meetings with various agencies with regard to individual cases and to act in the best interests of the organisation and customers at all times.
- Exercise effective management of available financial resources, to ensure that activities are undertaken in line with financial regulations & corporate standards ensuring value for money and efficiency is achieved.
- Promote resident involvement and community development by arranging and attending meetings and events with community and residents groups where necessary utilising team resources to do so.
- Ensure customer feedback is actively sought by a variety of methods and that feedback received is acted upon and responded to.
- Ensure that tenant complaints, Councillors, MP and MEP enquiries, requests for information are dealt with effectively within set timescales, data protection guidelines and resolved at the earliest point of contact.