Strategic Sourcing Manager
This role is focused on both a local and global remit in accordance with the Category Strategies and Commodity plans and will leverage the full range of supply and demand-side levers. In-depth sourcing knowledge will be applied in the execution of these plans across all category areas whilst ensuring the risks associated with the purchase of goods and services are mitigated commercially, contractually and operationally.
It is expected that post contract value opportunities will be identified and delivered through working with business supplier managers and the local supply base making sure that these opportunities align with Category Strategies at all times.
The role will likely work across a variety of categories so will need to demonstrate a broad range of category knowledge and be able to work dynamically and flexibly with a broad range of SMEs.
Michael Page Procurement are proud to be part of a large transformation journey with a leading and instantly recognisable blue chip organisation who are looking for a Strategic Sourcing Manager to join their team.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Leading high value, high profile strategic sourcing projects
- Utilising influencing skills at the highest level
- Building and maintaining stakeholder relationships across a variety of global businesses, global functions, evidencing true value-add to these relationships
- Developing innovative and streamlining initiatives in conjunction with business partners to reduce bottom line costs
- Working with colleagues in the Category Management team to build a robust and future looking pipeline of initiatives and opportunities
The ideal candidate for this role will have:
- Relevant product knowledge including knowledge of best-in-class strategic sourcing methodologies
- Experienced in strategic sourcing project execution in a large, complex multi-site environment
- Strong analytical skills, strong relationship management and high emotional intelligence to be able to credibly manage senior stakeholders in a complex matrix environment
- Availability to undertake the travel required for this role, i.e. Weekly travel to sites & suppliers within the UK predominantly (plus occasional travel further afield)
- Role relevant qualifications, i.e. MCIPS is desirable but not essential
- Proven experience of leading the delivery of an excellent customer service and proactively look for innovative ways to improve the service delivered to customers
- Excellent written and spoken communication skills with experience of successfully influencing others, negotiating effectively and winning over audiences with compelling and persuasive presentation.
- Built effective networks both internally and externally and created opportunities for others to work collaboratively
- Dealt effectively with highly complex commercial information and business challenges to create strategic business plans which effectively deliver results
- A successful track record of delivering complex projects and, or programmes, utilising appropriate techniques and tools to ensure and measure success
This role offers between £70,000 to £85,000 along with a great benefits package