Assistant Cost Consultant
Assistant Cost Consultant - Birmingham
27k to 33k + bens DOE
Our valued client is a Global Construction and Engineering Consultancy looking to attract the best talent in the market
If you are an Assistant Cost Consultant who wants a career that plays to your strengths, keep reading. Join my clients Leicester/Birmingham team as an Assistant Cost Consultant and you will discover a culture focused on helping you flourish as a professional, not on squeezing you into a corporate box. In this role, you will provide Cost and Commercial Management services to high profile Education/Local Government sector clients. It is intended that the role they offer the opportunity to progress your career as your experience grows
Day to Day Activities include:
• Provide support to Team Leaders, Service Leaders and Senior Cost Consultants in the delivery of residential led developments; carry day to day delivery responsibility and demonstrate the ability to take on tasks with minimal supervision
• Assist in the coaching and development of subordinate team members in the delivery of service excellence
• Deliver all work outputs in an accurate and timely manner
• Utilise and embed Arcadis best practice tools and processes including the use of technology to support delivery
• Be able to interpret a brief from a client or senior manager and convert same into a delivery plan
• Demonstrate the ability to take ownership of small / medium sized projects or significant components of larger Cost Management assignments
• Understand and comply with business risk and project delivery parameters including compliance in respect scopes of service agreed by others
• Capture and share knowledge and be involved with the development of service improvement and innovation.
• Be a strong team player but demonstrate the ability to take a leadership role as part of personal development planning
• Represent the company in a professional and diligent manner at all times
• Effective communication ensuring all information is available for the successful completion of projects
• To liaise with other managers to ensure efficient financial control resulting in projects being cost effective
• Representing the company in a professional and diligent manner, meeting, negotiating and corresponding with clients forming a strong working relationship in true partnership
What you have to Offer:
• Ability to demonstrate, having taken a substantial role in delivery of medium to large projects (£10m to £100m+) in the Education sectors
• Articulate in written and oral communication
• Excellent prioritisation and self-management skills and ability to work in a high-pressure environment
• An in depth knowledge of different construction processes
• Strong knowledge and record of accomplishment in the application of IT based solutions
What they offer:
They offer a dynamic challenging job with international focus in a pleasant working climate, attention to education and a competitive remuneration package reflecting the seniority of the role. You will have a great deal of responsibility with endless opportunity for impact and freedom for initiatives. Given the international spread of the business a certain level of flexibility in working hours is important.
They offer a fantastic working environment where you own your destiny and will be encouraged to forge a successful career. In addition, they offer some excellent benefits.
Ready for the challenge, then get your CV over to Alan without delay.