UK SALES MANAGER
Salary: £25,000-28,000 fixed salary (according to experience) + up to 12,000 bonus (according to sales targets met, to be paid proportionately each trimester)
Hours: Full time (40 hours a week/Flexible timetable)
Location: UK-based (International travel to southern Spain is also required)
This is a fantastic opportunity for a Sales Manager looking for a position in a rapidly expanding company within the Tourism sector. SilverSpain is looking for the right candidate to help them launch their company in the UK and lead the sales team.
Detailed Job Description
Reporting directly to the Executive Director of SilverSpain based in Málaga, Spain, you will lead the development of sales in the UK and lead the Team of Brand Ambassadors (BAs). You will design and manage the overall direction of the company Sales Strategy and play a pivotal part in the delivery of the sales target for the Silverweeks (Healthy Holiday Experiences on the Costa del Sol).
Key Responsibilities include:
- Design, manage and execute the company Sales Strategy in the UK.
- Lead, manage, motivate and develop the UK team of SilverSpain BAs, as well as role modelling the right behaviours.
- Recruit, organise and carry out training sessions for new BAs joining the team.
- Design a process to report on sales performance across the team.
- Build personal relationships with both B2B and direct customers in order to build and promote sales and ensure customer retention.
- Develop new sources of business and customer leads.
- Detect potential advertising and collaboration opportunities that generate a good return in terms of holiday sales.
- Support a culture to deliver excellent customer service at all times.
- Travel to Malaga, Spain for Team Management Meetings and product familiarisation trips (estimated 4-6 times a year).
- Extensive travel throughout the UK to visit clients and generate sales (main focus on London, Birmingham, Manchester and Bristol). As this is a sales role, we expect the successful candidate to spend approx. 80 % of their time meeting clients and generating leads.
- A Degree in any discipline.
- A proven track record (at least 5 years) of running a successful sales team and direct people management.
- Experience of business development and designing and leading sales campaigns from the front.
- Experience in sales within the tourism sector.
- A commercially focused mind-set, in terms of analysing and forecasting performance maximising sales and productivity.
- The ability to work towards sales targets and be motivated to achieve them.
- Excellent customer service skills.
- Highly motivated and enjoy working in a fast-paced environment.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Confidence in your own ability to manage your time, and the ability to use your initiative.
- Advanced knowledge of Microsoft Office package Word, Excel, Outlook.
- A good command of Spanish is a plus.
- Knowledge of active and Healthy ageing would be an advantage but is not essential.
- UK valid driving license and own car.
- Yearly gross salary of £25-28,000 / year + Bonus scheme of up to £12,000 (based on achieved sales targets).
- Quarterly review based on values and performance, commitment to progression and individual contribution.
- Career development opportunities for the future.
- Opportunity to travel in the UK & southern Spain (Costa del Sol region).
- Opportunity to form part of a young international company.
At SilverSpain, we’re specialists in lifestyles for Active and Healthy Ageing. We aim to provide our guests with information to help them enjoy a quality, long and independent life based on programmes that are specifically designed to generate experiences and to positively motivate our visitors in four key health areas: 1) Healthy body 2) Healthy relationships 3) Healthy mind 4) Healthy eating. These programmes can be accessed through our web platform.
As part of our programmes, we offer "Silverweeks" on the Costa del Sol in Spain. These are holidays focused on active and healthy ageing for the over 55s. Each Silverweek is themed on one of the key health areas, including a detailed programme of activities designed by the Silverspain specialists. The Silverweeks promote a healthy lifestyle whilst showing our guests the best the Costa del Sol has to offer.
If you feel that you fit the profile that we are looking for, are interested, please send your CV.
If you are shortlisted for the position(s), you should hear from us within 14 days of the closing date of the advertisement.