Insight & Modelling Analyst
- To design and deliver customer insight analysis which contributes to decision making across the company.
- To support all areas of the company to deliver its strategic, tactical and financial objectives by providing data selections, setting up response tracking and providing analysis and insight into customer behaviour across the business.
A leading Financial Services company that is a Welsh company based in Cardiff.
- Develop predictive models using advanced statistical methodologies, such as logistic and linear regression, CHAID and clustering techniques, to solve business issues ensuring all models are accurately documented and are able to be presented at Model Governance Committee, if needed.
- Work with the customer segmentation tool for Principality, including testing possible approaches and techniques and monitoring the effectiveness of the tool over time.
- The day-to-day running, functionality and reporting in the Maze software including data selections for surveys, monitoring survey response rates, data analysis and reporting including working with the Maze software developers in Norway to specify and roll-out insightful and actionable reporting dashboards.
- Build strong relationships with different departments across Principality, including
- Marketing, Finance, Risk and Distribution, to promote the insight from Maze.
- Responsible for the annual review of the savings liquidity model ensuring it continues to be accurate, documenting results and presenting findings to senior management and the Prudential Regulatory Authority (PRA).
- Have the ability to communicate technical insights to a non-technical audience to promote the benefits of using these predictive models and segments to managers across the Customer Directorate.
- Produce accurate and timely customer MI and work to automate as much of this process as possible, in order to enable more time for analysing the data.
- Develop and enhance a suite of customer/marketing dashboards for the Marketing Director.
- Develop customer value measures in support of customer and Marketing strategy and plans.
- Plan and manage own workload and have the ability to work on multiple work streams simultaneously.
- Project manage key work streams across the Customer Directorate as required by the business.
- Responsible for the production of Conduct and Board reporting on behalf of the Marketing Department.
- Produce informative and accurate papers for executive forums.
- Maintain commercial focus to ensure our approach to analysis and modelling is inclusive of any new approaches or techniques.
- Work closely with the Products team to support the production of Product Risk Assessments.
- Be able to support Customer Insight Analyst with the completion of Digital Marketing (DM) selections and evaluations, if required.
- Promote and embrace a culture of continuous improvement being open and proactive to improvements and carrying out improvements in line with the corporate methodology.
- Significant experience in an analytical role.
- Degree qualified in an analytical / numerical discipline, or demonstration of substantial numeric and statistical ability.
- Experience of using SAS or equivalent statistical package.
- Previous experience of segmentation and propensity modelling techniques.
- A strong commercial awareness.
- Highly numerate and ability to convey information to a nontechnical audience.
- Advanced statistical and analytical skills.
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills, including a basic understanding of VBA programming language to automate elements of MI.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft PowerPoint and Word to produce presentations and reports.
- Experience in producing and writing reports for senior stakeholders.
- Ability to build and maintain positive relationships.
- Ambition and drive to progress your analytical career.
- Ability to operate in a demanding environment and prioritise effectively.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience of translating analytical thinking into commercial concepts.
- Experience working in financial services.
- Experience of data mining packages and techniques.
£30,000 - £35,000 + benefits