RP Analytics are currently working with a Global Banking organisation to recruit a Analytics Manager.
The Senior Business Analytics Manager role is based within UK Commercial Banking (CMB), though includes responsibilities covering continental Europe. The role holder can work out of London or Birmingham, as the team is dual site.
The main purpose of the role is to:
- To deliver & continually optimise the data and information needed to successfully drive Europe CMB’s business agenda.
- This objective will be met through a balanced approach that combines initiatives that are consistent with the Group’s long term strategy with tactical solutions that deliver value in the short term.
- This will result in the provision of a 360° view of customers and prospects in a secure, quality controlled, documented, and easily accessible environment.
- Achieve objectives by building and agreeing a prioritized project plan for own team, identifying opportunities and risks to maintain and optimise data management, based on both own & stakeholder inputs (i.e. Head of Segment Analytics).
- Responsible for building highly effective relationships with business stakeholders, including CDO team. Managing their expectations and increasing team visibility around projects delivered.
- Responsibility for a team of 3 UK analysts including deputy and the work of 7 offshore analysts; needs to show thought leadership on data management and be a role model for the team.
- Motivate, develop and guide team on data governance, project management, and documentation, setting realistic timelines and pushing the boundaries on data management.
- Role holder will work with & align closely with the Senior Business Analytics Manager responsible for IT, external data & info security, ensuring a joined up approach for common areas.
- Individual should keep abreast of latest tools and technology available within the organisation and in the marketplace. They should be proactive and suggest improvements and lead the team so they are delivering analysis utilising latest technology.
Skills/Experience required for the role
- Track record in guiding teams to build efficiencies and automation in MI and data processes.
- Lead strategies in acquisition of new data and validation, reconciliation and productionisation.
- Highly developed analytical skills to extract information from data and translate to business language & financial impacts. Shaping and managing own projects.
- Ability to manage both own & team time effectively to ensure delivery of multiple projects.
- Strong oral & written communication with ability to influence & communicate analysis & recommendations to colleagues at different levels of the organisation
- Strong academics - degree level education in a numerate/IT discipline, with minimum of 2:1 in a quantitative degree from a reputable university. High A-level grades.
- Highly proficient in SAS & SQL - for guiding and validating work, rather than individual usage.
- Knowledge of other software areas; big data (e.g. Hadoop), visualisation tools (e.g. Qlikview, Tabluea), other analytical tools (e.g. MS-R).
- Demonstrated ability to direct, manage, motivate & influence staff and associates at all levels.
- Thought leadership & ability to drive/influence business objectives and team strategy.
- Have directly relevant experience of working in an analytical/data role within financial services or an alternative data driven organization within large analytical teams
- Experience of line management, demonstrating ability to directly manage & motivate staff
- Experience of working & influencing stakeholders and business colleagues at different levels of the organization.