Data Software Developer Python, Bash, R
DATA SOFTWARE DEVELOPER-DATA SCIENCE (PYTHON, BASH, R)
FINANCIAL SERVICES AND INVESTMENTS
A leading provider of investment and financial services are looking to bring on board a new member of the Data and Insights team. This team came about to the increased volumes of information available which can be harnessed to be utilised in investments and provide insights on global trends in digital, social media, open data and technology to aid fund managers.
The company is a hugely successful client-focused financial services and investment firm. They have a huge global portfolio they manage and have been hiring extensively across Data Science, Data Engineering and Analytics recently. They have offices based in Europe, the US, Asia, Africa and the Middle East. They manage a portfolio of over £400billion on behalf of their clients and have offices across 6 continents with a global presence in excess of 4000 employees.
This Data and Insights team is responsible for providing helpful insights to investors across the firm. As such (and as the team grows, takes on more complex problems and gains buy in from senior business members) there is a need to develop new pieces of software and data processing algorithms to aid the Data Scientists and Analysts in their work.
If you were to be successful in your application for this Data Software Developer (Python, Bash, R), your responsibilities would include:
- This person will act as a primary maintainer for internal bespoke software tools for specific projects, built in Python, Bash and R. They will support the Data Scientists and Insights team in the development of these tools
- As a key maintainer of the software, the Data Software Developer will be responsible for identifying and promoting good coding practices and identify and export new technologies in the space of data science, machine learning and Artificial Intelligence
- You would also be expected to cooperate closely with the Data Science team and Data Engineers to deliver a company-wide platform for advanced ETL, Machine Learning and Big Data Analysis
SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
In order for your application for the Data Software Developer (Python, Bash, R) role to be successful you will need;
- Very strong knowledge of Python
- Strong bash scripting and ideally a knowledge of the Linux environment
- Strong algorithmic thinking and problem solving experience as well as an appetite for solving complex technical and theoretical problems
- Familiarity with D3 and web frameworks (Django, React etc) as well as big Data experience (hive, spark etc) would be really beneficial as would AWS or Azure but not a necessity
HOW TO APPLY
If you are interested in this Data Software Developer (Python, Bash, R), role please apply via this site.