A global advertising agency are looking for a London based, German speaking Accountant to oversee their Berlin office. In connection with the Company’s operations in Germany, they need a fluent German speaker who can come in and take ownership and responsibility for transaction processing for our German-based operations, but also provide support (as needed) to the rest of the EMEA operations.
Responsibilities includes (but not limited to):
• Billing & invoicing
• Accounts receivable and collections
• Accounts payable and cash disbursements
• Payroll review and coordination with HR
• Staff expense reimbursements
• Month end closing (accruals, depreciation, prepayments)
• Submit VAT-return (monthly) and EC-Sales list (quarterly) via Elster (German Online Portal for tax submissions to the German tax authorities)
• Credit card reconciliations
• Other general duties include the processing of journals and the creation monthly financial reports to the US finance team, along with Germany management team.
• Fluency in German & English
• Knowledge of German GAAP and working knowledge of German tax system
• Good communication and organizational skills
• 3 - 4 Years’ experience in a financial role
• The ability to multi-task and handle numerous tasks simultaneously
• A methodical approach to enable processes to run smoothly and efficiently
This is an exciting opportunity for somebody wanting to develop their experience with a hugely successful global company - competitive salary with share options and annual bonuses.