Nursery Room Leader & Nursery Nurse
Nursery Room Leader & Nursery Nurse Needed
Salary: £17k - £22k Depending on Experience
Location: South East London
We are looking for an experienced Nursery Room Leader and a qualified Nursery Nurse to join this experienced team in this wonderful setting.
The role of the Nursery Room Leader is to work as part of the management team to provide professional leadership and management to the playroom staff and to ensure that all children receive the highest standards of care and education.
We are looking for a Nursery Nurse who is a caring and energetic team player, as a Nursery Nurse you must have the enthusiasm for working with children to join our friendly and vibrant environment.
For this role as Nursery Nurse you must be Level 3 qualified or above.
Job responsibilities will include:
- Assisting with feeding children
- Undertaking key-worker trackers
- Individual learning plans
- Planning appropriately for children using the EYFS framework
- Observing, supporting and extending children’s learning
- Maintaining accurate and effective children’s records
- Working in partnership with parents/carers
- Following and understanding Safeguarding Procedures and ensuring that children are kept safe.
- Participate and part-take in training available and in-house training.
What do you have to achieve?
- High standards of care and education
- Compliance with all regulatory requirements
- Positive working relationships with staff, parents and carers
- Room staff who feel supported in their roles
Key Responsibilities Childcare and Education
- Promote high standards of quality within the nursery in respect of the environment, resources and experiences offered to children.
- Provide professional and relevant feedback to parents/carers about their child.
- Ensure all records of development and learning are fully and accurately maintained by the appropriate staff.
- Ensure that planning meetings take place regularly.
- Provide leadership and support to playroom staff to enable them to establish and maintain positive working relationships.
- Ensure that practice and provision in the nursery meets the requirements of the Early Years Foundation Stage.
- Ensure the effective implementation of the nursery keyperson procedures and allocate children to keyperson appropriately.
- Ensure that children are kept safe and that staff understand and, when necessary, follow Safeguarding Procedures.
- Support the development of good practice with regards to special needs and inclusion.
- Implement and support others in delivering the EYFS in line with current practice and guidelines.
- Develop and maintain highly professional working relationships with relevant Local Authority Departments, regulatory bodies and other agencies.
- Create and maintain a culture of self-evaluation and reflective practise throughout the nursery.
Health and Safety
- Undertake a shared responsibility for health safety and cleanliness throughout the nursery.
- Adhere to all health and safety policy and procedures.
- Be fully aware of all emergency and security procedures.
- Support the Nursery Manager and staff during inspections by regulatory bodies and assist in the implementation of any recommendations.
- Promote the nursery to current parents and potential customers.
- Adhere to all Company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that the Company’s polices on diversity and equal opportunities are adhered to.
- Undertake any other duties as reasonably requested by line management.
- Assume additional management responsibilities as and when required.
If you are interested, please send your CV or call Joe at Recruitment Avenue