Health & Safety Consultant - successful consultancy
We are currently recruiting for a Health & Safety Consultant to work for a successful and well established Birmingham based Consultancy company.
The ideal candidate will be committed to delivering high levels of customer service excellence, and have strong knowledge and experience of the Health & Safety sector along with a NEBOSH Qualification.
The role will be field based covering the whole of the UK with occasional visits to the Head Office in Birmingham and you will be responsible for delivering Health & Safety consultancy services to a wide range of SME clients across the UK. A generous salary is offered, along with on-going training.
The successful Health & Safety Consultant will have:
- Membership of IOSH
- NEBOSH Certificate (or similar)
- Sound working knowledge of current Health & Safety Legislation
- Previous Health & Safety experience
- Excellent spoken and written communication and interpersonal skills
- Good computer literacy skills
- Organisational skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage own workload and meet deadlines
- Logical thinking and problem-solving skills and the ability to cope under pressure
- The ability to work as part of a team and to manage others.
The duties of the Health & Safety Consultant are:
- Providing Health & Safety consultancy services to nationwide clients
- Attend new business prospect meetings in order to promote/sell services
- Updating and developing health and safety policies and procedures
- Preparing Safe Systems of Work and associated Risk Assessments
- Advising clients on general safety matters, including training requirements, legislative requirements, accident recording and reporting, protective clothing and equipment
- Working with Health & Safety Executive inspectors and others as appropriate
- Keeping up to date with changes in Health & Safety legislation
- Provide telephone, email and/or face-to-face advice to clients
- Provide on-site Health & Safety support to clients as necessary to assist with any aspect of H&S
- Provide and review client Health & Safety documentation, including audits, inspections, risk assessments, COSHH, DSE, fire risk assessments etc.
- Undertake some non-accredited training to clients and prospects
Salary: £26,000 to £35,000 depending on experience plus £150 per month car allowance.
Benefits: 31 days holiday (including the bank holidays) plus private medical insurance after 3 month probationary period, plus bonuses as applicable.
Hours of Work: Monday to Friday 9:00am - 5:30pm
This role would suit someone with previous experience as: Health and Safety Officer, Health and Safety Advisor, Health & Safety Consultant, Health and Safety Manager.
PLEASE APPLY NOW TO AVOID DISAPPOINTMENT