Finance & Operations Director
FD Recruit are working exclusively with an extremely innovative Energy group. Cutting edge technological product development has led to an exponential growth in sales and subsequently the organisation has restructured to support this growth and has set up new overseas subsidiary companies. They are seeking a highly commercial individual to assist in the strategic management of the group; develop bid processes and project management; drive profit; shape the finance function and deputise for the CEO. This exciting and challenging opportunity will evolve and offers a strong possibility to transition to Managing Director.
- Initially relocation of the finance function (including recruitment and team development) to the London office
- Direct and control financial, commercial and resource-management activities
- Service and project management - to ensure all contracts are appropriately funded and that budgets and investment policies are well planned, communicated and maintained.
- Providing expert financial support in developing project proposals and bids
- Management of cash flows from multiple staged-payment contracts
- Working closely with the CEO to ensure the strategic direction and business plan reflect the organisations mission and values
- Development of FP&A and management reporting
- Management of the Human Resource and Admin functions
- Statutory reporting, liaison with auditors, lawyers and advisors
- Company secretary duties for UK and overseas companies
- Treasury management and developing tax planning strategy
- Deputise for the CEO and travel internationally to liaise and negotiate with customers
Essential Skills and Experience
- You will be a qualified accountant with experience within the oil/gas/power sector (or by exception a closely comparable high value contracting sector).
- You must demonstrate experience of corporate governance, audit and stage-payment contract negotiation and delivery.
- Possess experience of financial planning, management and reporting at a senior level - preferably with International Experience.
- Have experience of risk management.
- Experience of project management is preferred.
- Possess strong staff management skills.
The group takes pride in creating a positive, friendly work environment and delivering a world-class customer service, as such they seek a strong team player with the motivation to develop the role and help shape and grow the company. Initially the Finance Director must be willing to take on a hands-on role to develop necessary processes and systems to support the business.