Advertising Sales Executive
If you are a recent graduate (or are due to graduate this summer), have an interest in history, and would be keen to take on a sales role within a publishing company, this could be the perfect opportunity for you.
This is a fantastic opportunity to start a career in publishing, especially if you have an interest in history or archaeology. With support from the Advertising Sales Manager, you will be keen to learn the art of negotiating and will be expected to sell advertising space in print and online. As such, you will be self-motivated, confident, and happy to work to targets and deadlines. Full training will be given.
Responsibilities will include:
- Generating sales revenue across print and online products, plus sales income for our annual conferences
- Locating new advertising opportunities and maintaining existing partnerships
- Managing and maintaining a contact database for clients
- Issuing sales confirmations to clients and chasing artwork copy
- Conducting presentations and formal/informal meetings
- Liaising with the Editorial team regarding history-themed features
- Regular presentation of sales data to the Advertising Sales Manager
It is essential you are educated to degree level, possess excellent communication skills, and whilst previous experience in adverting sales is not essential, some experience of working within an office environment would be preferred.
Please be aware that due to the high volumes of responses we receive, only successful applicants will be contacted.