Our client is a leading global law firm. The benefits of working for this organisation are, outstanding city offices including an on-site gym, restaurant & dentist. There is also a strong social scene and the company offer world class learning and work development strategy for each of their staff.
Outline of role
This role is based in the Business Tax department and will be a busy and challenging role for the successful candidate. The role will require somebody with excellent organisational and communication skills as you will be dealing with senior staff including Tax Managers and Advisors in the firm.
This role will have a strong focus in the areas of VAT and Withholding Tax.
The Tax department deals with all aspects of tax compliance for the partners and the Firm in the UK and worldwide, including preparation of returns and payment of tax liabilities, and corresponding internally with partners, finance personnel and senior members of other business service functions, and externally with third party advisors, to ensure the efficient and timely execution of tax services.
- Ones years accounts experience in an FMCG, accountants or Law Firm
- A desire to progress in a tax environment
- Excellent communicator (written and oral)
- Self starter
- Ability to work to deadlines and under pressure
- Able to work without supervision
- Willingness to take on new work
- Must interact well with all levels within the Firm
- Practical, common sense approach
Day to day duties
- Assisting fee earners and revenue control teams on tax issues related to client billing. Obtaining tax residency certificates from HM Revenue & Customs in order to reduce the exposure of the business to withholding taxes.
- Assisting fee earners and revenue control teams on VAT issues related to client billing.
- Supporting the International Tax Manager in VAT compliance (e.g. review of UK Group VAT return, EC Sales List Reporting, Intrastat) and projects.
- Assisting with the preparation of the India tax filings for the Firm and responding to audit enquiry raised by the Indian tax authorities.
- Assisting the Tax Accountant with month end accounting procedures.
- Preparation of payment orders for global tax payments and updating forecasts of future tax payments for the purpose of cash-flow forecasting.
- Assisting with research and advice on tax related projects to support business initiatives. Examples of projects are:
- Taxable presence in countries where the Firm does not have an office.
- Introduction of VAT in GCC
- Tackling tax evasion: a new corporate offence of failure to prevent the criminal facilitation of tax evasion
- Assisting the International Tax Manager to prepare and deliver training to the business in areas of VAT, withholding taxes and other business initiatives.
Please email your up to date CV stating your current salary, notice period & salary sought
Our aim is to respond to all successful applications within 5 days. If you haven't been contacted within 5 days your application has been unsuccessful and your details will not be held further but we positively encourage you to apply for any other positions that you may see in the future.
We apologise that we cannot contact everybody in person but thank you in advance for your interest.
Adept Recruitment Ltd encourages applications from individuals of all ages & backgrounds.
Appointment will be made on merit alone but candidates must be able to demonstrate their ability to work in the UK. Adept Recruitment Ltd acts as an employment agency for permanent recruitment & an employment business for temporary recruitment as defined by the Conduct of Employment Agencies & Employment Business Regulations 2003.
Adept Recruitment is a Recruitment Agency and is advertising this vacancy on behalf of one of its