NHS Finance Consultant
We are looking for a full time consultant to join our successful Coding and Financial Assurance Team as we grow the team to meet the ever-increasing demand for our services.
As part of the team you will support our work helping the health service to make decisions based on accurate information, improving the efficiency and effectiveness of care, and ensuring value for money for the tax payer.
CHKS are the market leader in providing independent, external data assurance and costing support for NHS Trusts, commissioners and private healthcare organisations. We have delivered over 2000 audits that reviewed payments worth £350m. Our works involves:
- reviewing processes, governance and data capture relating to patient care to ensure the data used by the NHS accurately reflects the care delivered
- supporting the implementation and utilisation of costs systems to reduce clinical variation, improve efficiency, and set appropriate and fair local tariffs
- providing detailed analysis and interpretation of health activity and costs data, and
- working with national organisations to support the improvement of cost and activity information in the NHS.
The role would be suited to a junior accountant or consultant looking to develop their skills by working across a variety of providers and health economies within an effective and high-performing team.
- Support the delivery of individual audits and projects, enabling the for the smooth delivery of the whole process, from set-up through to reporting outcomes
- Support the management of audit programmes, assisting with resourcing, delivery and reporting outcomes to ensure consistent quality
- Develop relationships with clients
- Provide expert input to support the development of audit and review methodologies
- Develop skills and experience relevant to the role
- Knowledge of finance within the NHS, experienced in using ledger and cost information within a provider setting
- A working understanding of activity recording and contracting within the health service
- Able to follow guidance and deliver to methodologies
- Good interpersonal skills
- Ability to work both as part of a team and individually
- Proven data analysis and report writing skills
- Confident dealing with clients and presenting to senior groups
- Excellent project management skills with consistent delivery of work to tight deadlines
- Part qualified accountant, with experience of working as an NHS divisional, management or cost accountant
- Detailed knowledge, understanding and experience of working in or with healthcare organisations
- Understanding of proposed future developments for patient level costing and its use by the NHS
- Experience of formal audit processes
- Experience of delivering consultancy/audit work with healthcare organisations
- Experience of working with clinicians
- Track record of using benchmarking to change behaviours
CV, covering letter and interviewTHE BENEFITS OF WORKING FOR CHKS
CHKS is part of the Capita group. At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job. We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday (rising to 25 after 2 years), company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle. All of this, in a professional environment.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.