Private Client Tax Associate Director - Top Firm
Fantastic opportunity to work for a reputable Accountancy Practice as an Associate Director on a competitive salary.
The client is a reputable and highly successful firm of Chartered Accountants based in GuildfordGuildford.
The role is focused on leading the delivery of tax advisory projects for a substantial private client portfolio on behalf of
the Directors and Partners. The role involves managing all aspects of client delivery including reviewing the technical
content of the advice, ensuring excellent client service and timely communications with the client, keeping the
Director/Partner updated and monitoring the commercial and financial aspects of the engagements.
The portfolio will mostly comprise High Net Worth and Non-Domiciled clients as well as related offshore structures. In
addition to working on specific clients, the successful candidate will be expected to make a significant contribution
towards the overall future development and success of the group, wider office and firm, as well as being involved in
business development initiatives and networking events.
The Successful Candidate with be required to:
- Lead complex UK and international private client wealth structuring projects and ongoing client engagements
- Ensure that the clients' tax affairs comply with statutory requirements, and to manage work efficiently.
- the assignments in accordance with the firm's standard procedures and confirm arrangements with
the client, including likely costs and billing arrangements.
- Ensure tax quality at all times by adhering to the firms quality standards.
- Identify and advise on tax planning opportunities and to undertake specialist technical assignments as
- Brief junior staff on the client's affairs and the prepare-assignment instructions. To supervise and control the
completion of work, and to undertake 'on the job' training and appraisals where necessary.
- Ensure that the job is completed within budget, and to discuss all materials points arising with the assignment
partner in the first instance and client immediately, particularly in relation to any anticipated overruns.
- Liaise with the client throughout the year and to practice the principles of excellent client service at all times. ensure that appropriate liaison takes place with all other departments, and that all potential client needs are
identified and serviced accordingly.
- Develop a detailed knowledge of the firm's specialist services and to manage specialist work in response to
client needs where appropriate.
- Maintain an advanced level of technical knowledge through appropriate reading and courses, and to fulfil
professional bodies' CPD requirements.
- Research and prepare proposals for new work, and to take part in formal presentations to prospective clients
- Take an active involvement in business development alongside the partners including attendance and
presentations at seminars and other networking events required.
- Attend staff meetings and training as required.
- Maintain an awareness and observation of Health and Safety issues within the Firm, and report any concerns to
the Health and Safety Representative.
- Carry out any other duties as are within the scope, spirit and purpose of the job, the title of the role and its
grading, as requested by any Partner or Director.
Salary £55,000 - £75,000 depending on experience.