Our client is a well-established FMCG manufacturer who have developed a reputation of providing high quality products throughout the UK. To maintain the company assets to maximise plant availability and maximise profitability they are looking for a Microbiologist to join their team on a permanent basis.
- Lead the Microbiology Team and be responsible for all microbiological testing and environmental monitoring on site
- Perform microbiological testing of raw materials and finished products using recognised Pharmacopoeial methods
- Report results to the QA team to allow release of pharmaceutical products
- Investigate OOS or OOT results
- Manage the Environmental Monitoring program on site
- Perform sampling and testing of water on site
- To ensure good relations and communications with all members of the team and to respond politely and in a timely fashion to internal and external customers.
- To ensure that procedures are carried out carefully and accurately to eliminate errors
- To observe and comply with company Health and Safety Policies
- To observe and comply with company standard operating procedures
- To undertake any other duties which may be requested by the Line Manager and for which training has been provided and understood - by working on own initiative and managing own time.
- To prioritise the workload in order to meet the business requirements
- To oversee the safe and efficient running of the Microbiology Laboratory
- To manage and coordinate the environmental monitoring program on site
- To perform water sampling and testing on site
- To manage and / or perform the analysis of materials submitted to the laboratory for microbiological testing
- To lead out of specification or out of trend investigations in compliance with site procedures.
- To undertake identification procedures including Gram stains, biochemical tests, identifications and report the result of this testing
- Writing / reviewing / approval of microbiological method and specifications
- Writing / reviewing / approval of SOPs for the microbiology laboratory
- Microbiology test method development and validation
- To support and advise other sites within the company on Microbiology / EM topics
- To observe and comply with cGMP
- Experience in a similar position within the pharmaceutical industry.
- Knowledge and understanding of cGMP and cGLP practices and regulations.
- Have an understanding of the importance of Data Integrity, this is preferred not essential.
- BSc in Microbiology or a relevant scientific discipline is desirable.
- Excellent communication skills both verbally and written.
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently.