Merchandising Assistant / Allocator
Amazing opportunity to join the Merchandising team of a leading homeware company in Chichester
Your new company
Modern bedroom furniture stores across the UK. Their contemporary ranges are stylish and comfortable.
They believe the perfect bedtime involves a combination of style, comfort and practicality. Their wide range of beds, mattresses, bedroom furniture and furnishings will stand the test of time, helping to create the perfect bedtime for you and your loved ones.
Your new role
Reporting into the Merchandising Manager, you will be responsible for:
* Preparing bedding, stock matts and upholster beds ordering on weekly basis manual orders
* Placing furniture order in Great Planes -operating system
* Managing Far East shipments - liaising with suppliers and shippers
* Containers numbers & delivery dates updates in GP
* Placing Visual Merchandising orders in GP- furniture store allocations
* Shipping system updates
* Indigo account management
* Trackers - furniture sales performance on a weekly basis including basic recommendations and comments
* Running spreadsheets with weekly sales (volume) on stock furniture, stock matts, bedding, bed linen and cushions & throws
* OOS report
* Liaise with stores and AMs on any stock/planning issues
* Attend weekly Buying & Marketing meetings to ensure marketing kept up to date on any stock/range issues
* Contributing to Product/Commercial and other team meetings
* Preparing necessary sales report and analysis for Key planning/review meetings in Buying critical path
* Providing support/resource across Product team in all areas to cover team holidays, busy times etc
What you'll need to succeed
You will be an Allocator / Merchandising Assistant looking for a new opportunity, or you will have knowledge of the basic merchandising principles - if you are new to merchandising, they will train you on the job.
You will also be confident in working with large amounts of data with good attention to detail. It is important that you are highly proficient with Excel.
What you'll get in return
Competitive salary up to £23 (Depending on experience) + benefits + the opportunity of developing a career in Merchandising!
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.