Part Time Finance Administrator (3 days per week)
Newtrade is a retail marketing specialist producing market leading magazine and newspaper titles, events and digital content in the independent convenience and foodservice markets. Our mission is to develop long term relationships with the future stars of retail and their suppliers.
About the Role
This is an important role that will be the first point of contact for our suppliers and customers and provide the information that will guide the company on making profit and generating cash in line with our values of guts, excellence, passion and authenticity.
- Entry of data into Sage
- Processing of sales invoices
- Liaising with the Sales Team (and others if necessary) to ensure we have a good record of sales agreements.
- Processing of purchase orders and invoices
- First point of contact for supplier queries
- Reconcile statements to ensure our records are accurate.
- Process expenses.
- Process BACS and cheque payment runs
- General administrative support to the finance team
- To be an ambassador for the company, attending occasional customer events out-of-hours and to be familiar with the purpose of our products and services and our market positioning.
The ideal candidate will have;
- Previous experience working in a finance administrative role
- Excellent organisation skills with the ability to prioritise and complete tasks accurately
- Excellent numeric and data entry skills, combined with attention to detail.
- Good communication skills, including written and verbal reporting demonstrated by an understanding of how to handle customers, suppliers and colleagues.
It would be desirable to have:
- Good working knowledge of Sage 50
- Debt collection experience