Joint Operations Centre - Incident Analyst
Your new role
Cyber crime and cyber-attacks against institutions are growing considerably in quality, quantity, and complexity, targeting both private industry and national critical infrastructure. However, a holistic approach across all security disciplines is required to ensure that these are mitigated successfully. Successful attacks against organizations can result in significant disruptions to business transactions, operations, and client activities, as well as regulatory scrutiny, reputational harm and brand tarnishment.
What you'll need to succeed
- Perform incident response duties and triage incidents for escalation to appropriate subject matter expert teams.
- Be highly committed both to achieving the deliverables and to the team itself.
- Have the discipline and interpersonal skills to work well in a global environment, complementing teams in other locations.
- Instil a culture of quality and continuous improvement to enhance the experience of customers, colleagues, communities and company.
- Ensure service offerings satisfy and exceed Stakeholders' requirements and expectations.
- Identify good practice across all locations and to identify and remove unnecessary duplication of effort/services.
- Increase automation for all operational processes.
- Shift work to ensure 24x7x365 coverage.
What you'll get in return
This role is based in London and is paying up to £55,000 plus benefits.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.