Estimator- required for my client who work as part of a large group providing house building services within the public and private sector. The Estimator will be located within Norfolk or Suffolk in order to work on the current projects and be at an easily commutable distance to the office. The company the Estimator will work for currently cover a wide variety of construction work for a mixed range of clientele the current work they undertake ranges from Local Authorities and Housing Associations through to private developers.
The Estimator will be an experienced Estimator and will be working on up to 1000 new home projects per year, and will work on winning tenders and once a new tender has been won then the Estimator will be liaising with the work winning team including the Contracts Manager, Pre-Construction Manager and the Quantity Surveyor and other members in the Estimating team. The Estimator will have excellent commercial awareness and a proven ability to complete successful competitive tender bids.
Estimator Position Overview
- Joining an existing Estimating team and strengthening the Estimating department for the future of the company
- Measuring and Taking off quantities from drawings
- Preparing bill of quantity/pricing documentation
- Specification and analysis review
- Pricing spot items/composite items
- Preparing tenders for adjudication/settlement meetings
- Reporting directly to the chief Estimator
Estimator Position Requirements
- Traditional building qualification HND or Degree
- Familiar with all standard forms of estimating procurement
- Knowledge of BREEAM / SAP
- Proven ability to complete successful competitive tender bids
- Experience within either there, Social Housing, Private Housing, or House building sectors.
- Excellent commercial awareness.
Estimator Position Remuneration
- Salary: £40K-£60K
- Negotiable, attractive remuneration package
- Long term stability
Other company benefits
Join us on Twitter, Facebook or LinkedIn - Search Bennett and Game Recruitment.
Bennett and Game Recruitment are acting as a Recruitment Agency in relation to this vacancy