Senior Software Engineer
Role Objective (mission)
I am currently looking for a full stack "superhero" software engineer to complement my Client's existing IT Team in Holborn, London.
This role will report to Lead Software Engineer.
To be successful in this you must have a "Can Do, Will Do, Make it Happen" approach to development.
- Object-oriented Analysis and Design (OOA/OOD).
- Support, maintain, and document software functionality
- Improvement of legacy codebase
- Migrating legacy code to modern framework
- Interpret written requirements and technical specifications documents
- Participate in code reviews
- Full lifecycle application development
Experience and Skills
- Have and demonstrate a thorough understanding of a PHP MVC framework such as Zend Framework, Symfony, Laravel and Silex
- Experience with Bootstrap
- Familiar with Agile software development practice
- Comfortable in a fast-paced development environment
- Experience with Laravel is beneficial
- Experience with Silex is beneficial
- Experience with unit testing (phpunit)
- Experience with Zend Framework 1.1x is essential
- Expert understanding of object-oriented design principles/patterns and architectures
- Solid understanding of git flow
- Solid understanding of PHP security & vulnerabilities
- Strong MySQL understanding
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Strong problem solving and analytical skills
- #Strong understanding of clean code development approach