Supported Living Manager - Mental Health
I'm looking for a Supported Living Manager for Mental health Service in Exeter and East Devon. You'll be responsible managing a team that supports clients in supported living properties, ensuring that the work is focused and recovery driven at all times. You'll need a background of working with people who have severe and enduring mental health conditions and have training in the Recovery Star.
The Supported Living Manager role
- You'll be managing a small team of staff who provide support to a number of clients in supported living accommodation. There are a number of clients who are in transition from hospital or residential care, who have experienced serious mental illness as teenagers and haven't had the opportunity to learn about independent living.
- Effectively manage all referrals, ensuring that the referral is appropriate, that the individual is ready for the opportunity of focussing on their recovery and that risks are reasonable and manageable.
- Effectively oversee and supervise the work of Supported Living Workers, providing professional advice and support to the team, providing on-call cover when required.
- Lead, develop and motivate staff in providing an effective recovery focused service based around trust and a positive attitude to performance and customer needs. Proactively lead change so staff understands strategic priorities, resource issues and service standards and are able to apply them in their roles. In so doing you will ensure that:
- SMART objectives are in place for all staff and these are regularly reviewed and revised as appropriate, and at least every 4 to 6 weeks during the supervision meetings.
- Staff are rated following the annual appraisal of performance and given appropriate constructive feedback, initiating capability procedures when there is unsatisfactory performance.
- Personal development plans are agreed and implemented, and staff attendance is managed effectively.
- Arranging and ensuring staff attend training within the limitations of budget.
- You will need to have extensive experience of working with people who have severe and enduring mental health difficulties and who are in crisis
- You'll have experience of working in a recovery approach environment and have had training in the Recovery Star model.
- You'll have supervisory or leadership experience and have the ability to influence and motivate a team.
- You'll be tolerant of stressful situations
- You'll need to be a driver with your own vehicle.
Interested? To be considered for a position please click apply to send your CV to Laura Roberts at Coburg Banks recruitment
Coburg Banks Health and Social Care specialise in recruiting Care Managers, Care Co-ordinators and Senior Carers within Residential care, Domiciliary care, Supported living and Nursing across the UK. We would welcome the opportunity to help you in your career, so please send a copy of your CV into us. If you know of other people who are currently looking for a new career within the Health and Care Sector please refer them to us.