Sales and Events Executive - 6FTC
Wild Berry Associates are currently working for a non-for profit organisation who are looking for an experienced Sales and Events Executive to join their busy team on a 6 months FTC. The role is to support the Sales Manager in managing the reactive sales process of the Conference Services team, which includes responding to client enquiries, organising site visits and producing quotations for clients, focusing on development of business and optimising sales to increase contribution
- Handling events enquiries; sending out proposals, organising site visits, and producing quotations
- Develop the Conference Services business, through optimisation of sales and conversion of enquiries and provisional bookings
- Develop and optimise the Conference Services business with a view to obtaining maximum spend
- Under the direction of the Sales Manager, achieve objectives to ensure we develop business with existing and new clients
- Under direction of the Sales Manager, assist with the Account Management of key stakeholders and clients
- Under direction of the Sales Manager, work on sales and marketing projects
- Undertake regular product knowledge sessions with the caterers, AV people etc. to ensure you can sell all aspects of events
- To proactively come up with sales ideas to develop the Conference Services business
- To ensure that the standards of service are as per Standard Operating Procedures and Service Level Agreement.
- Manage the feedback process post event (calling up clients after the event, responding to clients feedback
- With the Conference Administrator, manage the contracts process (i.e. contracts sent to client after written confirmation of event.)
- To ensure that the bookings are maintained on the booking system and all information is recorded and fully accurate
- To support the Sales Manager with sales and marketing projects.
- To cover some conferencing duties during planned and unplanned absences
- To deal with and communicate with clients, taking bookings for the meeting rooms and to provide support as and when required to customers on the premises
- Work as part of the rota system on in providing early and late duty management cover
- Meet and greet clients and handle on-site enquiries
- Be familiar with the health and safety of the premises including fire procedures
Knowledge skills and experience:
Experience of event & sales booking systems Proven clear communicator and persuader Ambitious to succeed in a selling environment. Good working knowledge of all Microsoft packages. Empathy with the Health and Safety issues in the building.
- Computer literate
- Proven ability to be calm in stressful situations.
- Natural ability to sell or understand how to approach sales
- Proven team player
- Experience working in a venue or for a caterer in a similar role