Lead Science Practitioner
Science Lead Practitioner
Pearson Whiffin Education
Tunbridge Wells Area
MPS or UPS, plus TLR £1,500 per annum
Pearson Whiffin Education are currently recruiting a full time Science Lead Practitioner for a job vacancy with a school in the Tunbridge Wells area. This is a permanent job vacancy to start in September.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the strategic planning and development of the quality of teaching and learning within the department, and the day to day management of Science. . Reporting to the SLT Line Manager, they will work towards developing systems to improve the outcomes for students in Science.
This is a key post and will need a team player with vision, high expectations, flair, drive, determination, energy and a strong commitment to raising standards. A dedicated teacher is required, who will be committed to the high quality of teaching and learning in this school, which is a hallmark of its success. All teachers appointed to the school are allocated a tutor group and a candidate who can demonstrate experience and a willingness to undertake wider responsibilities will be welcomed.
Key responsibilities of the Science Lead Practitioner are:
- You will collaborate with all teachers within department to ensure the curriculum is delivered to the best level possible.
- You will use student's interests as a way of engaging them and supervise student teachers on placements.
- You will ensure all forms of assessment are being utilised so students know how they can improve.
- You will attend monthly staff CPD sessions to share ideas of best practice and outstanding teaching.
- You will implement and follow the school behaviour management policy.
Benefits of the Science Lead Practitioner are:
- Career progression with promotion opportunity including pay rise
- Continual Professional Development (CPD) training whilst you work to help you grow as a teacher
- Pension contribution
- Opportunity to work in a popular, Ofsted rated GOOD school.
If you have the necessary skills and would like to find out more about the position then please contact Sophie Baldwin on or email