Company Secretarial / Paralegal
An exciting opportunity has arisen in a global property company based in the City for an enthusiastic and ambitious Company Secretarial Assistant or Paralegal to join the Legal, Risk and Compliance team.
This role would be suited to a highly organised, meticulous and detailed paralegal with excellent academics, preferably a law degree or GDL, and ideally the LPC.
You will have gained a minimum of two years post qualification experience as a corporate / commercial based paralegal and will be able to manage high workloads.
This newly created role offers excellent opportunities to participate in important projects and will give the successful candidate the rare chance to develop their career, becoming an integral and valued member of the team.
Key responsibilities in this Company Secretarial Assistant / Paralegal role include:
- Supporting a large-scale EMEA project involving 11 jurisdictions
- General company secretarial support and advice across EMEA
- Assisting in the maintenance of legal entity information and company records
- Liaising with notaries, external auditors, corporate services providers and colleagues
- Drafting board documentation and minutes
- Litigation support and reporting
- Researching points of law
- Staying up to date with statutory and regulatory changes and developments and updating the team
- Proofreading, document review and general admin
Key skills and experience required to be successful in this role:
- Previous experience (min. 2 years post qualification) carrying out corporate / commercial based paralegal work in a top tier law firm or large organisation
- Excellent academics; law degree or GDL and ideally the LPC
- Highly organised and pro-active nature with meticulous attention to detail
- Confident communication and interpersonal skills
- Proven ability to prioritise a high workload
- Ability to work both autonomously and in a team
- Reliable, self-motivated and professional
- Strong IT skills including MS Office
A competitive salary and benefits package is on offer to the successful candidate. If you feel you are suitable for the role, please submit your CV in Word format (not PDF) as soon as possible.
Thank you for reading this legal based job advertisement. Please only apply for this position if you meet the required skills and experience criteria and your CV is free from errors.
We have a fair and comprehensive selection procedure based on the requirements of our clients. We regret that if you have not been contacted within two working days that your application for this position has been unsuccessful. However, please check your junk email folder to ensure that your spam filter hasn’t blocked an email from us. We receive many CVs a day and are unable to enter into telephone conversations until we have completed our initial selection procedure.
If you are already registered with Carousel Consultancy, please contact your Consultant directly to discuss any vacancies you see advertised. You do not need to reapply.
To help you in your job search, please visit our website which has useful advice including specimen CVs, interview tips and how to help you in your search for the perfect role.