This top corporate international law firm based in the City square mile are looking to hire a Billing and Revenue Controller to handle all revenue control matters for the London office. Duties include;
· Preparing monthly statistics for the Business Manager on all WIP and Debtors for Clients/Matters under their responsibility.
· Arranging and managing monthly meetings with Partners (ensuring a persistent approach is taken at times), making notes and suggestions as to the next steps for the Clients and Matters under their responsibility, as well as discussing caps on matters, fee alerts, expected WIP levels and other ad hoc queries to assist the billing process.
· Escalating to Management where there are issues with client/matters or where no progress has been made with the fee earner on the WIP and Debtors.
· Agree charge out rates with Partners and once agreed then working with the Billing Team on agreeing and applying these rates and any special billing instructions
· Producing detailed reports and schedules for Fee Earners in order to distribute them internally or send externally to the client.
· Ensuring all suspense and missing time is chased and submitted in a timely manner, in conjunction with the Billing Team.
· Distributing Partners’ WIP reports as requested and dealing with or delegating queries.
· Handling monies held on client account and arranging for secretaries or Fee Earners to obtain approval to pay outstanding debts where possible. This will also involve working with the cashiers on maximising 'Client to Office’ transfers in settlement of client debt
· Updating narratives on ARCS in relation to bill promises, fee caps, payment promises and time frames for review
· Attending monthly team meetings to provide updates on department standings and advising on potential progress for month/quarter/year ends
· Being prepared to contact clients if agreed with the fee earner, particularly around collecting debts
The desired individual will have detailed knowledge of WIP and Debtors management whilst working directly with Partners, therefore law firm experience is essential. Candidates will be educated to degree level and have a strong working knowledge of;
· Aderant and/or Elite and e-billing software
· Advanced Excel and PowerPoint
Additionally, candidates must be switched on, intelligent with a pro-active and solution focused approach. To apply contact Neil Hagan quoting ref. NH-RC-09.06.17