Assistant Brand Manager Food category
An exciting opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Brand Manager to join a world leading global organisation, our client Unilever are currently looking for an ABM to work in the Food category, based at Unilever's prestigious facility in Leatherhead. This is a full time temporary role for a period of 6 months, working a 37.5 hour week. This role is paying up to £35,000 pro rata, depending on experience.
The role will support the BM in creating and executing product and communication mixes and deploying them in key geographies. It involves supporting the BM in delivery of innovation projects to the agreed milestones/timelines and to the high quality standards set. Main Accountabilities are:
1)Responsible for leading and delivering projects as per agreed milestones/timelines and to the high quality standards set, from concept phase all the way to and including creative briefing, development & production
2) Developing an in-depth understanding and becoming an expert in relevant global projects and consumers - the demographics, market constructs competition, product features, communication and proposition, business environment and brand proposition, building a holistic understanding of consumers and shoppers
3) Assisting the BM on clearly defined sections of a bigger project, lead small innovation projects
4) Assist in the development of consumer insights by working closely with the consumer insight team, advertising agency and other external agencies
5) Land projects effectively by working with global and regional/functional teams i.e. CMI, Supply Chain, Finance, R&D etc.
6) Work with packaging and advertising agencies to brief, design and deliver specific elements of projects and marketing campaigns, be responsible for or work in close collaboration with all areas relating to Artwork
7) Identifies solutions and make recommendations to improve project effectiveness
8) Responsible for driving top line brand growth and achieving brand share & communication targets. Relevant experience required- degree in Marketing / Business or equivalent marketing experience, preferably in FMCG industry, experience developing concepts and brand communication, demonstrated high performance in project management and be able to pitch and present different types of work depending on the audience, strategic thinking and strong global mind-set.
- Previous experience as an ABM at Unilever would be a plus:
-Basic knowledge of insight/data systems. Kantar minimum & Nielsen is a plus
-Basic knowledge of P&L
-Artwork & Budget management experience