IT Infrastructure Consultant & Head of IT Services
Due to a number of exciting new contracts with in the IT Services department at Northumberland Park Community School, we are looking to recruit a technically advanced, experienced and highly motivated individual as Head of IT Services and IT Infrastructure Consultant. These new roles will support the Director of IT Services and his team to deliver an outstanding service as a centre of excellence for its schools.
This is a fantastic opportunity for someone with proven managerial, problem-solving ability and aspirations to undertake diverse IT projects from proposal to implementation.
The role will work across a number of contracts the school supports in the locality in addition to services at the school. The service is run as a traded service and we are looking to expand and strengthen our offer to further schools.
You will have an opportunity to lead and design new IT solutions, modify, enhance or adapt existing systems and integrate new features or improvements, all with the aim of improving schools efficiency and productivity that support outstanding teaching, learning and administration within the schools we support.
The role would suit someone who has excellent technical understanding, initiative and communication skills to ensure consistent delivery of services.
The post holder should expect to work flexible hours, with some unsocial hours to undertake planned security maintenance and upgrade work.
You will have:
- A background in IT Service Management or closely related area.
- Strong IT operations / service delivery background combined with broad technology awareness across applications and platforms.
- The ability to work collaboratively with vendors and suppliers both on and off-shore, internal IT teams and business stakeholders.
- Good communication skills with the ability to manage and balance a variety of stakeholder requests and aspirations.
- Capability of describing technical issues, solutions, risks and mitigations in a way that non-technical business users can understand.
- Confident approach, self-motivated with good interpersonal and communication skills (both verbal and written).
Completed application forms should be sent with a covering letter, addressed to Monica Duncan, Headteacher, Northumberland Park Community School.
Application should be made using the schools application form PLEASE NOTE WE DO NOT ACCEPT CV’s
Northumberland Park Community School is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of its students and young people. The successful applicant will therefore be required to complete an enhanced DBS check.
We encourage applications from all sectors of the community to reflect our diverse student population
Closing date for receipt of applications: 12noon on Friday 23rd June 2017
Interviews will be held during the week commencing: TBC