Credit Risk Analyst - FTSE250 Organisation
Lloyd Recruitment Services are recruiting on behalf of a leading FTSE250 finance organisation that seeks a Credit Risk Analyst to undertake portfolio risk analysis and reporting.
The main responsibilities will involve analysing the finance portfolio using Risk Factor and other analytical and risk management tools to highlight portfolio trends and emerging risks, and the production of monthly, quarterly, half yearly and ad hoc reports for Risk and Executive Committees and Group Credit Risk.
A key element of the role is presenting findings and analysis to colleagues across risk and other functions in a clear and concise manner.
- Independently monitor the risk profile of portfolios
- Review and synthesise the risk data that flows from various internal systems and from external sources to form a risk assessment of clients, portfolios, and other segments
- Ensure that adverse trends and statistics, clients with deteriorating profiles and suspicions of fraud are raised with the relevant client management teams
- Assist the Head of Portfolio MI with reports to show any material loss
- Produce monthly, quarterly, half yearly and ad hoc reports for Risk and Executive Committees, including monitoring of credit appetite, early warning indicators and client review schedule in a timely manner
- Embed processes and controls to improve quality of credit data
- Produce monthly quality assurance report on new business and live clients
- Attend 'Watch’ meetings each month in Brighton and on an ad hoc basis in Manchester and Belfast/Dublin
- Assist the Head of Portfolio MI with project related work including, but not limited to, support and analysis on risk management projects including IFRS9 and ICAAP
- Deputise for Head of Portfolio MI where requested.
Risk & Compliance
- Ensure that all Governance and Compliance requirements are adhered to and all reporting and reviewing activities required by the Regulatory Bodies are carried out to the standards required.
Skills & Experience Required
- Strong aptitude for working with data, interpreting results and making recommendations
- Ability to work to a high standard of accuracy and present information in a logical and professional format
- Advanced Excel skills (in particular the ability to manipulate data using VLOOKUP and basic VBA and macro skills)
- Ability to grasp new systems quickly and with a high degree of technical competence
- Strong analytical, verbal and written skills
- An ability to work independently as well as part of a team
- Invoice finance industry and or fraud experience
- Experience of credit risk and portfolio analysis
- Experience using the Risk Factor system and analytical tools
- Educated to degree level or qualified through professional experience
Please note, due to the high number of applications, only applicants that meet the above mentioned criteria and are shortlisted will be contacted.