Credit Risk Analyst £22K Fintech Amazing London Office
A technology led and FCA regulated finance company (Fintech) pioneering a new generation of business investment, moving away from traditional banking systems and focusing on connecting innovative businesses and likeminded investors. Established in 2014, this is the first FCA regulated platform, first to be granted IFISA, has a default rate of 0%, a growth rate of 50% month on month and have to date provided over £10m of investment to 100s of fast growth British SMEs.
This is a graduate job paying £22,000.
How can you expect to spend your day?
As a Credit Risk Analyst, you will conduct due diligence on new and repeat business applications in order to put forward suitable financial offers in line with the company credit policy. Using the company’s bespoke credit assessment model that has resulted in great returns for investors with no defaults to date. You will be working closely with the business development team who liaise directly with clients.
Tasks you can expect to be responsible for include:
• Supporting the CEO and Director of Risk and Operations in day to day activities
• Working closely with the business development team to list new businesses on the platform
• Conducting credit risk assessments on businesses before listing on the platform
• Performing background checks on company directors
• Assessment of company accounts to justify loan affordability
• Working with the wider team to price the loans
• Working with the legal team to develop security structures for loans
• Management of the repayments process
• Management of the IFISA transfers process
• Management of relevant compliance processes
• Supporting investors when using the platform and answering queries
• Production of performance reports for the wider team
What are the ideal candidate’s personality, skills and qualifications?
• Educated to degree level
• Interest in digital technologies and finance
• Interest in financial innovation and economics
• High level of numeracy
• Excellent at building and maintaining strong business relationships
• Good judgement
• Good analytical skills
• Highly organised
• Looking for a quick progression career path
• Willingness to join a young but highly experienced team, working in a rapidly growing sector
• Works well in high pressure environments
• Good understanding of MS Office tools
• Good team player
• Happy to work in a fast paced, entrepreneurial environment
• Prior experience in finance or financial risk would be advantageous
What are the perks of working at this company?
• Awesome coffee machine.
• Funky and modern office in Westbourne Grove (ping pong, bar and Portobello Road food stands!).
• Opportunity to grow your network and experience working in an exciting and fast growing industry.
• Unique opportunity to learn about and work within the FinTech industry.
• Generous commission structure.