Senior Corporation Tax Manager - Top 25 Firm
AJ Chambers Tax Specialists are currently working with a Top 25 firm who are looking to appoint a Senior Corporation Tax Manager to join their office based near major rail links in Central London. This is an advisory focused role with one of the country’s leading firms, who are offering a generous remuneration package.
You will predominantly be dealing with advisory work on a portfolio predominantly composed of owner managed SMEs, along with UK subsidiaries of large multinationals. There is a small compliance component to the role, although this represents at most 20% of overall workload. You will report directly into the Corporate Tax partner and have primary responsibility for advisory work and managing your own client portfolio.
You will be situated within the London corporate tax team, but work extensively with the firm’s other specialist teams, including international colleagues.
Your key responsibilities will include;
- Delivering services to clients to a high standard, including liaising with clients on the phone or in person where appropriate to resolve queries and develop relationships.
- Assisting colleagues with more complex enquiries and advisory work
- Supporting partners/ relationship managers as necessary
- Identifying planning and cross-selling opportunities and following up on them, including for existing clients
- Engaging in business development - e.g. networking, client recommendation requests, developing referrer base - to grow the firm’s client base
- Contributing to the team’s overall success as a manager and actively contributing to our ideas culture.
- Coaching/mentoring junior staff to develop their technical, client relationship and business development skills.
- Monitoring/ managing financial performance of your client portfolio in line with KPIs
- CTA/ ACA Qualified
- Extensive corporation tax advisory experience gained within reputable accountancy practices
- International tax experience (desirable but not essential)
- Well-rounded with knowledge of wider accounting and tax issues
- Proven business-development and cross-selling skills
- Proven ability to manage and mentor junior colleagues and act as a good role model
- Effective communicator - able to communicate complex accounting and tax ideas in a straightforward manner
- Strong team player
- Proactive attitude both in working with colleagues and clients
Our client is offering a highly competitive remuneration package, which can be fully enumerated upon request.
For further information on this Senior Corporate Tax Manager role, please apply directly or contact Nicholas Peer at AJ Chambers