Global Sales Manager
Our client is an award winning prestigious luxury accommodation provider offering a collection of London's most desirable Serviced Apartments. They are now seeking a Global Sales Professional to manage an extensive portfolio of accounts and assist in all CRL and Partner properties with reservations and generating business while providing exceptional customer service clients and guests.
* The job holder communicates regularly with the Director of Sales & Marketing, Global Head of Sales, Group Sales Co-Ordinator, Marketing Development Manager, General Managers, House Managers, and Front of House, Accounts and prospective and existing clients, agents and colleagues.
* The job holder's interactions are important to the commercial success of the business as they build initial rapport with potential clients and have the ability to influence the conversion of enquiries as well as identify the sales activity required to promote the company and/or properties to make them aware of opportunities and sales activity. They are also responsible for liaison with Overseas Representatives and any PR Company.
* The job holder is responsible for generating new business by sourcing and following up on sales leads making cold calls and conducting show rounds.
* To stimulate business within the 'Business to Business' and 'Business to Consumer' markets.
* To develop and implement action plans targeting new markets and clients
* To undertake appointments with clients in line with an agreed weekly target to achieve set targets
* To maintain accurate records of clients, pricing and sales activity reports in the CMS.
* To attend at least one sales networking event per month in order to generate new business.
* To analysis productivity figures for all selected accounts
* To achieve set revenue targets for new business as agreed and set out in the Sales and Marketing activity plan
* To achieve a weekly set target (TBA) of sales calls and to report and the productivity of these accounts on a weekly/monthly basis
* Capture a greater market share and increase revenues through local initiatives in conjunction with sales resources
* To measure existing and potential business in revenue and GOP in accordance with the market segment
* To assist in the planning of local sales and marketing promotions in order to maintain competitiveness
* To provide accurate management reports to ensure information relating to customer requirements, interest and market activities is kept up to date through the use of a CRM account management system
* To regularly visit competitor business to analyses customer base and identify key accounts to be targeted
* To participate in both national and international sales appointments, sometimes in conjunction with overseas representatives.
* To attend industry networking and specific events and tradeshows, keeping a high profile in the marketplace.
* To oversee the development and maintenance of accounts in geographic areas and the implementation of key account strategies to grow market share from these territories.
* To work closely with the senior managers to proactively develop innovative and effective solutions for the ongoing management of existing clients.
* To establish, build and maintain executive level relationships in key organisations.
* To entertain existing and prospective clients where appropriate.
* To complete and submit RFIs and RFPs and lead the contract and negotiation process between corporate/consortia accounts and individual properties, including Property Partners
* To keep abreast of market trends, competitor activity and potential key customer requirements.
* To develop and implement the annual sales action plans focusing on Residences as well as individual property needs.
* To contribute to annual and quarterly objectives for the sales team including measures of success.
* To prepare the annual sales budget and review with the Global Head of Sales.
* To ensure that internal databases are kept up-to-date with accurate and relevant information held on record.
* To produce relevant management information from internal systems to support reporting and account management.
* To maintain effective cross selling opportunities.
* To carry out administrative tasks as required
* Participate in the Talent Toolbox Appraisal System and in a timely manner.
* Support new employee Induction programme/implementation.
* Support the efficient organisation of work routines for employees within your team.
* Contribute to a positive and professional recruitment selection process.
* Support the Company training and development plan.
* To contribute fully as a member of the Company's management team.
Good standard of secondary education
A degree in Hospitality Management or Business related subject
Sales Techniques Training
Ability to speak foreign languages
Sales experience in new business development and account management in luxury hotels or apartments including telephone sales
Some knowledge of the London accommodation market key contacts
Some experience of producing sales plans and budgets
Intermediate knowledge of MS Word/MS Excel/MS PowerPoint
Excellent polite and persuasive telephone manner
Ability to build strong relationships, interact and influence others at all levels of the organisation
Strong organisational skills with the ability to prioritise workload
Ability to work independently and as part of a team
Strong negotiation skills
Some experience of completing client RFPs
Some practical experience of OTA and GDS
Some experience of performance management
Some knowledge of serviced apartment industry within London
Capacity to developing business relationships from senior executive level downwards
Some experience in a group sales function with multiple units