Edward Mann are recruiting for a Payroll Specialist on behalf of a global multi-billion turnover group based in Liverpool Street.
This position will ensure the accurate and timely execution of the payroll whilst maintaining complete payroll accounting records. This role will supervise a Payroll Accountant to ensure all payroll tax is compliant with regulation.
Package on offer is a £47,000 base salary + a fantastic group benefits package + discretionary bonus.
- Ensure the correct PL and balance sheet accounting of the monthly payroll riles and other related transactions for the UK and selected EMEA branches.
- Responsible for the review of payroll balance sheet reconciliations and to ensure the correct and timely allocation of payroll cash.
- Ensure payroll tax compliance with current regulations and legislation in partnership with external service providers (ADP)
- Timely and accurate submission of annual returns to include P11D’s, share incentive plan, PAYE settlement agreement and short term business visitors.
- To act as the main point of contact between the business and HMRC on payroll related matters.
- Tax management of international assignments on modified and shadow payrolls.
- Critical evaluation of payroll process and workflow implementing improvements to strengthen internal controls and enhance the quality of payroll data.
- Ensure procedures, workflows, workflows and processes are documented for the payroll area and maintain effective operation of internal controls over data ensuring payroll records and support is kept.
- Act as the main UK partner for any payroll related global group payroll projects & act as project lead for any local payroll projects.
- Lead and manage the Payroll Accountant setting clear and challenging targets
- Monitor progress and addressing performance issues appropriately and effectively.
- Set priorities in line with company objectives.
FOR MORE INFORMATION PLEASE APPLY WITH YOUR CV ASAP.
- Important - A strong working knowledge of double entry payroll accounting to support the internal control framework.
- Important - A strong working knowledge of payroll - understanding of PAYE regulations
- Important - Payroll experience in a global group, understanding the payroll tax implications on short and long term international assignments.
Edward Mann Ltd acts as an employment business for temporary positions and an employment agency for permanent positions. Edward Mann Ltd is committed to equal opportunity and diversity. Suitable candidates with equivalent qualifications and more or less experience can apply.