Assistant Data Analyst
Due to our client’s company growth we currently have an exciting position available for an Assistant Data Analyst. This is a new role and the successful candidate will be responsible for processing, analysing and supplying commercially sensitive data to key internal stakeholders. Your work will expose you to their investment appraisal process, providing analytical support to financial modelling and contributing towards strategic value add projects across multiple businesses within the group, conveying insightful analysis to management allowing the business to continue making informed decisions.
Reporting directly to the Lead Group Analyst, you will have excellent opportunity to gain exposure to senior stakeholders, through the facilitation of ongoing or ad hoc analysis. The company will provide a driven candidate support with further education and development.
You will be responsible for;
- Supporting the Lead Group Analyst in driving business performance;
- Running data queries and compiling reports to aid decision making;
- Working with the Lead Group Analyst to deliver value-add projects
- Assisting with new business valuations and existing corporate account profitability analysis, whilst ensuring accuracy and integrity of data is maintained.
- The successful candidate will have experience of data handling, analysis and financial modelling. You will be degree level educated in a relevant field and a minimum A Level (or equivalent) in mathematics is essential. You will be driven and self- motivated with the ability to make decisions using initiative and critical thinking to draw conclusions from data sets.
Skills & Competencies:
- Advanced MS Excel user - thorough understanding of vlookup/sumif/pivot table functions
- Must possess strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Patient and methodical approach to problem solving
- Stakeholder management and ability to manage expectations accordingly
- Ability to communicate effectively at all levels of the business and must be prepared to present findings to senior stakeholders on a regular basis
- Comfortable working to tight deadlines with the ability to effectively prioritise workload
The company has a strong record of growth and success in the financial services sector. As part of their team you will be at the forefront of that growth, and your expertise, motivation and professionalism will be of the highest standard matching that of the existing team. Travel is essential in the performance of your duties and the successful candidate should expect to travel across the UK several times a month. In return you will receive a generous salary and benefits package.