Accounts Assistant - Basildon
AJ Chambers are currently working with a dynamic and vibrant growing firm based in Basildon. They are seeking an Accounts Assistant that will be able to cover the below and largely specialising in VAT.
This is a fantastic opportunity for you to develop you career whist being part of a supportive and progressive team and taking on new and exciting challenges.
The job descriptions:
- Communicating independently with clients on a daily basis to provide VAT advice
- Reviewing VAT returns prepared by juniors
- Training juniors with the rules of VAT and preparing the work
- Liaising with HMRC on behalf of clients
- Submission of monthly/quarterly VAT returns
- Visiting clients premises where necessary to assist with bookkeeping/VAT returns
- VAT preparation to assist juniors when large work load
- Working to deadlines & flexibility to meet monthly deadlines
- Good knowledge of CIS subcontractors
- Possibly - (Sage knowledge preferred but not essential)
Salary: £16,000 - £18,000 full time
Monday to Friday 8.30am - 5.00pm.
For more information on this role please either apply directly or contact Josie Studd at AJ Chambers.