A fantastic opportunity has arisen to join this global luxury brand as a Junior Merchandiser. The role will be to create, manage and collaboratively work with others to achieve the financial plans for your area of responsibility.
As a Junior Merchandiser, you will:
- Based on sales history and company goals, develop the annual Financial plans. Targets will include sales, gross margin and inventory turn and tie to the Weekly/Monthly and Quarterly targets for sales
- With the Buying team, plan the quarterly buys, reviewing receipt of stock in accordance to the open to buy ensuring margin and store capacity is considered
- Gaining sign off from Senior team on final fiscal plans broken down by class level
- Continually work on the financial projections based on business changes, relooking at the receipt of stock into the business and selling
- Review inventory making tactical recommendations regarding changes to promotion and markdown strategies to manage season and source inventory levels and turn whilst partnering with the Buyer
- Propose tactical adjustments based on current trends to drive business and manage inventory. Present changes in strategies to Planning and Buying Directors in weekly meeting
- Act as an ambassador to the team in communicating changes promptly to ensure consistency and efficient working
- Direct and support junior members of the team including an Assistant Merchandiser, guiding them in managing a department from a forecasting ownership perspective. As well as an AM, there will be an Allocator to oversee
As a Junior Merchandiser, the skills and experience needed will be:
- Essential to have experience in Planning within a busy environment. Must have experience within clothing for a recognised retailer
- Strong in retail math and analytical skills. Experience in identifying commercial opportunities based on analysis from reading reports
- Highly organised and showing the ability to prioritise team work schedule in a flexible approach based on broader business requirements
- Confidence in suggesting with conviction using tools to back reasons up and to also accept accountability for managing and achieving the business goals
- Strong communicator and the ability to manage both upwards and down
- Ability to resolve tough business issues by remaining solution oriented
The company offers a friendly and inclusive environment where hard work and determination is recognised and rewarded.
If you feel you have the skills and experience, please reply with an up to date CV today!
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document
We request that candidates send their CV as a Microsoft Word document where possible.
Quest Search and Selection is acting as an Employment Agency in relation to this vacancy.