Group Financial Controller
Hudson Executive are delighted to be supporting our market leading international management consulting client with the appointment of a Group Financial Controller for a newly created vacancy. This represents an exceptional opportunity for a qualified chartered accountant (ACA) seeking a broad and commercially biased leadership role.
The role will work in close partnership with the Group Commercial Controller to ensure that the business is provided with timely and relevant commercial insight to better enable the decision-making process.
The successful candidate will be responsible for the day to day running of the Finance team. The role will be hands on and varied and will enable the person to gain a range of skills and experience in an environment that allows and encourages interaction and partnering with the consulting business, alongside regular interaction and reporting to the Executive team.
Key attributes for the role to be demonstrated are:
- Strong and demonstrable leadership skills, coupled with the financial control and commercial acumen
- Experienced Manager of a (group) finance team and knowledge of the complexities of a global environment; the consolidation process and leading a group audit
- A strong understanding of the performance drivers of a professional services business and providing and developing commercial insight to meet the needs of the business
- Able to identify and present different strategic/operational options and provide the best solution
- Design, enhance and improve analytics and dashboards for use by management (ideally to be implemented through a new reporting tool)
- Creative and commercial thinker to provide solutions to ad-hoc Executive requests
- Confident, approachable, good managerial skills and ability to coach, teach and get the best out of a team
- Technical excellence (including leading a team to manage changes in accounting standards or policies) - identifying and understanding the implications for the business and then verifying with external support
- Thinking outside the box and inquisitive - wants to improve the finance function and will drive change and implement and complete changes required
- Pro-active in changing the business processes and procedures to implement best practise and deliver operational improvements
- Cross-functional awareness (including how Finance interacts with other corporate functions) and management skills, and ability to influence others as required
- Project management skills and previous experience of leading projects to successful outcomes
- International taxation and transfer pricing knowledge is desirable
- Corporate finance experience is desirable
Key objectives are to:
- Assist the Group Commercial Controller (GCC) with managing the financial and tax position of the Group and meet all internal and external deadlines
- Lead the group month end process and provide succinct relevant commentary on the Group position to the GCC and CFO
- Support the business leaders through effective financial management and providing commercial analysis and insight of global operations to include understanding customers, margins, diversification of service offering and competition. This should cover:
- Understanding and challenging the forecast financial performance
- Understanding the pricing mechanisms of our services and supporting improvements
- Understanding where the business is strong and where it needs improvement (data trends of market sectors)
- Financially analysing new geographies or markets and making recommendations for taking forward
- Assessing and monitoring risks, and providing solutions as require
- Manage the day to day treasury operations for the Group
- Drive an improvement in the efficiency of the Company's balance sheet through the review and management of working capital
- Establish consistent and controlled finance processes in all countries ensuring there is evidence of controls undertaken
- Have the vision and instigate the financial development of the Agresso Business World global ERP system and be an intelligent buyer of services
- Provide support to other corporate teams
- Ensure that Finance is visible and integrated into the business and the team provides training and support as required.
The successful candidate will be ACA qualified with an appropriate level of post qualified experience. Previous experience of project accounting (SSAP 9) for long term contracts would be highly advantageous. In addition to this you will be a pro-active leader keen to demonstrate your ability to drive change and assume ownership of key value add projects.
This represents a highly compelling career opportunity for a finance leader seeking a broad commercially challenging role affording the genuine scope to add value to the bottom line of an international market leading business.
Please note you will receive an automated response advising you that we have received your CV.
Hudson is a leading provider of permanent recruitment, contract professionals and talent management solutions worldwide.