Spectrum Employment Solutions is representing a progressive and award winning company based in Cookstown, Co Tyrone who provides innovative solutions to the heavy engineering industries. The company now wish to appoint a Commissioning Engineer to their team for the South of England.
Job Purpose- Commissioning Engineer
The successful Commissioning Engineer will commission designated projects assuring that all systems and components of the plant are installed, tested, operated, and maintained according to the operational requirements of the customer and delivered in a safe and orderly manner.
Responsibilities- Commissioning Engineer
- Provide Process / MEICA (Mechanical, Electrical, Instrumentation, Controls, Automation) commissioning services.
- Delivering engineering solutions on projects with a diverse range of objectives, to relevant legislation and policies.
- Interfacing with a diverse range of specialists, engineering professionals, construction management teams, project site staff and other relevant parties.
- Be experienced in carrying out mechanical maintenance, service, calibration, commissioning, etc on any instrumentation such as sensors, detection, measurement, calibration equipment or Capital Equipment, manufacturing, assembly, etc.
- Assist in the early identification and resolution of potential problems.
- Manage provision of a safe working environment and personal safety equipment appropriate to the task in hand.
- Carrying out Mechanical and Electrical monitoring on site and design review functions safely and to the appropriate level of completion and quality.
- Assist the management on delivery of the project to the required standard, on time and within budget.
- Take ownership of any problems you are involved with ensuring any actions for
- design, technical or otherwise are in hand and completed.
- Advise and train plant operators and maintenance personnel as to correct and proper operation and maintenance.
- Ensure Customer and/or key stakeholders are advised of inadequate housekeeping and maintenance.
- Feedback and follow up on required plant alterations and standard design and technical alterations both for specific Customer problems and general continuous improvements.
- Apply the minimum quality and environmental standards required under ISO 9001 and 14001 and the company Quality and Environmental standards.
- To expedite project tasks against planned timescales within each function ensuring adequate resource is assigned to meet target delivery milestones.
- Communicate constantly to ensure both internal and external customers are informed of project progress and issues and ensure all parties are aware of their requirements.
- Ensure full compliance to our H & S Management system at all times.
Person Specification- Commissioning Engineer
- Electrical / Mechanical Qualification
- 1 years’ service/commissioning experience in a relevant engineering industry
- Basic H & S qualifications for site works
- Manual Handling training
- MEWPS training
- Experience in MS Office particularly Word & Excel
- Experience of AutoCAD
- Experience of control panel fault finding
Desirable criteria may be used for shortlisting. The Company reserves the right to vary criteria at the shortlisting stage.
Spectrum Employment Solutions is an equal opportunities employer and welcomes applicants from all backgrounds.