Charity Administrator (12-month contract with possible extension)
Are you looking for a new and exciting administration role that allows you to gain experience across several different administrative areas? Then keep reading..
This is a great entry level opportunity for someone join a membership organisation and registered charity with members in over 70 countries. A Charity Administrator will be joining the Executive and Operations teams. The Charity Administrator is a largely an office based role and will primarily help assist the Executive Team consisting of the Executive Director and her PA as well as providing administrative assistance to the Operations teams consisting of the Membership, Marketing and the Conference departments.
Primary responsibility: To support the Executive Team
- Diary administration, routine filing and keeping the Executive Director’s contact list current.
- Provide administrative support for governance and management meetings.
- Assist with the completion of PowerPoint presentations.
- Preparing and collating documents and maintaining up to date records and files. Routinely check the ED’s travel itineraries.
- General photocopying and other daily administrative tasks.
- Organising meetings and liaising with suppliers.
- Attending meetings and taking notes if required.
Support to the Charity:
- Provide administrative support
- Assisting with data inputting and keeping records up to date.
- Provide support with the administration of events.
- Assist in maintaining diaries, organising travel and meeting arrangements.
Knowledge, skills and experience required for this position
- Administrative experience or administration graduate or related degree (desirable).
- Strong organisational, communication/customer service skills and ability to multitask and be proactive.
- High level of computer literacy with Microsoft Office Suite; preferably databases and PowerPoint
- Ability and willingness to act on own initiative both individually and as a member of a team.
- High aptitude for spelling and grammar and accuracy in data entry and proof-reading.
- Some understanding of how to use Social Media and a desire to learn.
How to apply
Please apply by sending your CV. Salary: £20,000 per annum. A full job description is available on request. For more details please contact Krishna Dayal @ The Maine Group