Data Analytics Consultant (Assurance Analytics)
This role focuses on generating complex data insights and analysis through analytics. This work can involve analysis of financial and customer data in order to inform and lead activities across a broad spectrum of projects in the financial services sector. This role requires technical (data) expertise, a business mind-set and the ability to work within small project teams.
- Building and support of reusable data analysis structures within a variety of technical environments; enabling self-service analytical capability for key technical stakeholders as well as producing stand-alone reports;
- Gathering requirements from key stakeholders and preparing and presenting analysis results;
- Working in close collaboration with technical and non-technical colleagues;
- Production of project outputs (including analytical activities, such as customer behaviour segmentation or predictive modelling in Excel, SQL, Spotfire and SAS).
Skills and Experience
- Essential: Data management skills (MS SQL Server, Oracle etc.) and Excel/VBA
- Essential: Exceptional analytical, quantitative, problem-solving, and critical thinking skills
- Beneficial: Knowledge of the data visualization tools like Tableau, Spotfire, SAS
- Beneficial: Knowledge of financial services industry
- Beneficial: Knowledge of text mining
- University degree or equivalent experience, preferably in computer science, engineering, business and information or similar;
- Confident, strong attention to detail and accuracy when working with complex numerical data;
- Excellent communication skills (both oral and written);
- Ability to work under pressure according to strict deadliness;
- Determination, desire and motivation to learn and progress;
- Pro-active, self-motivated and able to use own initiative.
About the client
- A leading global professional services firm of over 210,000 people globally with more than 700+ offices in more than 150 countries with a heritage stretching back to 1849.
- This role offers and excellent opportunity to join a fast growing team and play a crucial role in developing and growing the data analysis and reporting work.