2nd Line Managed Services Engineer
MCP, MCSA, MCSE VCP "2nd line " 3rd line"
2nd Line Managed Services Engineer for a major UK managed services provider
Up to £37k base plus benefits
***All Applicants must be either MCP, MCSA, MCSE or VCP certified**
Week 1 7.30am-4.00pm, week 2 10.30-7.00pm
Week days, alternating shift pattern
25 days holiday
We are a British Cloud and networking pioneer, whose product portfolio includes services for Cloud, Virtualisation, Disaster Recovery, Business Continuity, Voice, Networking, Data Centres and Professional Services.
Established in 2002, we designed the first ever VPLS network in Europe and has since continued to lead the way in being one of the UK’s most innovative technology companies.
We are now trusted by 2,000+ customers, boast a 96% customer reference-ability and feature in the London Stock Exchange's Top 1000 Companies to Inspire Britain.
Motivated and driven people are the lifeline of our company and we strive to encourage and develop this for all employees too, with on-going training, support and rewards.
Overall purpose of the job:
- Provide 1st and 2nd Line helpdesk and remote desktop support to our customers
- Primarily responsible for managing and owning support tickets and driving customer issues through to resolution
- Join team rota to provide out of hours support one week in every five
Key responsibilities for this job:
- Respond to support calls as assigned within Service Level Agreements; ensuring calls are quickly and accurately logged, closed and analysed to prevent future occurrences, and that call resolution priorities are met
- Escalate problem calls within the Cloud team to meet Service Level Agreements and ensure maximum level of customer satisfaction
- Troubleshooting customer technical faults and working with external vendors and service providers to achieve fault resolution
- Work as a team to deliver timely resolution to customer requests from telephone and email
- Maintain an understanding of the internal escalation process
- Jeopardy management to reduce escalation and SLA breaches
- Maintain professional working relationships with customers, suppliers and work colleagues
- Any other fair and reasonable task or duty assigned to you by your Manager, or other senior Exponential-e Ltd staff member
Knowledge and experience required:
- Experienced Technical Support Analyst (1st and 2nd Line Support)
- Previous experience in a busy customer facing helpdesk role
- Ability to provide a customer focused service to committed Service levels
- Ability to work under own initiative, manage own time and work to deadlines
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, particularly customer facing techniques and listening abilities
- Experience in managing/troubleshooting Windows Servers
- Exchange 2003 -2010
- Active Directory 2003 -2010
- Windows server 2003 -2008
- Experience in managing/troubleshooting VMWare and/or Virtualisation technologies
- Knowledge of Networking (DNS, DHCP)
Desirable knowledge and experience:
- Applicants will ideally be either MCP, MCSA, MCSE or VCP certified
- ITIL Foundation certified
Is situated in a challenging environment which is busy and at times pressurised, but which is also fun, and the staff are friendly. The atmosphere is that of a team and active participation with all staff is necessary during the daily execution of this role.
A 'smart’ appearance is required at all times, however on Fridays where you are not required to attend client meetings, casual dress is permitted.