Reporting to the Group Finance Manager, the Finance Assistant will be responsible for processing high volume invoices, payment runs and reconciliations and undertaking a wider variety of accounting responsibilities.
DUTIES & KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Validating supplier invoices - checking invoices are correct
- Update Sage accounting system
- Sales ledger - ensure invoices are raised / posted accurately and in a timely manner
- Purchase ledger - obtain authorisation from the appropriate person for all purchase invoices
- Where any discrepancies or issues arise with sales and purchase invoices, raise this with the Group Finance Manager in order that a timely resolution can be identified
- Nominal ledger -process payment runs to suppliers based on invoices approved for payment prepared by the Group Finance Manager
- Raising and resolving quires with suppliers along with liaising with suppliers over payment dates, copy invoices etc.
- Assisting the GFM in general accounting tasks such as documentation compliance, sales order exception reporting, database reports
- Ability to work to deadline
- Use of IT
- Written and Oral Communication
- Problem Solving
- Accurate order entry
- Highly numerate, proficient Excel skills and ability to work easily with different IT packages
- Excellent attention to detail
- Confident communicator, written and verbal
- 2-3 years’ experience in a finance roles (previous relevant roles will include a position as or within: Accounts Payable, Finance Assistant, Accounts Assistant, Finance Admin)
- Be fast and accurate at inputting data
- Enthusiastic and willing to work as part of a team
- Driven and willingness to learn
Due to the nature of our business we will need to conduct a full background check.