My client is a specialist and well-established local SME business that have experienced considerable growth in recent years. With this growth forecasted to continue, they are seeking to recruit an experienced Assistant Accountant to provide crucial support to the Finance Director.
This role will suit an AAT-qualified Assistant Accountant, who is looking to continue their development in a very hands-on and commercial role.
Working as part of a small team it is imperative that this individual has the ability to liaise effectively with colleagues of different levels of seniority, as well as adapt to the business' philosophy that has proved so successful in recent years.
Reporting into the Finance Director, you will be responsible for:
- Overseeing the day to day running of accounts payable and receivable
- Assisting with in the preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Assisting with the annual budgeting process
- Managing the payroll (weekly)
- Multiple bank reconciliations
- Other ad-hoc tasks as requested by the Finance Director
You will need to be:
- AAT qualified, or have extensive experience working in a similar position
- A very proactive and positive individual who is able to adapt to the company's philosophy
- Able to display excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Able to consistently display a high degree of accuracy
- Organisational skills
- Able to work efficiently as part of a team
- Able to prioritise and to adapt quickly to changing circumstances